Light-O-Rama Forums

GS is finally back and has lots of questions about pixel trees!

GriswoldStyle

Yep, I am finally back! I missed some of you guys. That job I had was a killer being gone from home 60 hours a week and cost me 16 months of life I wont get back lol. I finally threw in the towell and now I am back to working from home running my own business again so I will be here much more often. So to make a long story short, I had no intentions of adding a pixel tree this year but the wife said make it happen and supplied the funds to buy us one. So I bought the 16 x 50 set with the pixie16 ready to go controller. I do not have it yet as we just ordered it in the sale but I have no idea where to start researching. I just tried to log in to my new faster computer for s5 and am completely lost with it. So I am considering sticking with s4 which is what I learned on the other computer. Anyways, I feel like such a n00b asking but I need some answers, help and guidance. Hopefully we still do that here. The facebook groups are not much help at all. 

Question, I heard with s5 you dont need superstar. Is that true? Here I am with being comfortable with s4 and have no idea how to begin trying to figure out a pixel tree. Anyone have any suggestions or video tutorials that explain everything in great detail? I have no idea where to start but I am on this journey now even if I was not prepared for it yet. I have pixel arches and also have dumb rgb in my display but I program them in the sequence editor all free hand style and do not use superstar nor have I ever. Do I need superstar for the pixel tree to program it? Or is there other options? I am totally lost when it comes to this aspect. My rgb is all hands on free hand style in the s.e. but this is much more involved than fades and chases lol.

I am gonna post this in the newbie section since I have no clue what I am doing as far as a pixel tree goes. Any ideas how to program without needing superstar? Is there effects I can do? Go easy on me, I have been away for a year and a half and feel so lost coming back feeling like I forgot it al. I am such a noob lol.

You know we can teach you. 

You do not need S5, Superstar would be helpful depending on what you plan on using the tree for. You can sequence them in PE or SE.

S5 has a lot of cool auto features that would be a plus without having SS.

Also James has you covered with free CCR tree sequences.

Also I have a great way of setting up your ccr mega tree. Worked great for my show and set up was 15 mins, take down was 30 mins or so. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Welcome back GS.  Sorry can't help with a Pixel Tree, if it weren't for JR, I'd still be struggling to get my 2 LOR Singing Christmas Trees operating properly in the S4 SE.  I bought Ralphie and Zuzu as they were the best looking of the 4 trees to start with, but eventually, if I can I do want to get Elden and Felix.  However, if I do get them Felix is going to have to become Felicia for some of the songs that have more than a single female vocalist! 🤨🤣🤣🤣

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys. Came back much later than anticipated. Got rear ended at a red light In the beginning of June and it screwed my back up pretty good. This year I just haven't been motivated, This mess made it much worse. Had an MRI done due to the accident and they found almost a 2 inch growth on my thyroid. Yayyy (not), So I am trying to find my motivation again, So much stress and no health insurance just made things much worse than they already were. I think I am just going to redo a list of songs from last year and add the pixel tree to it. If I find the motivation then I will add some new songs. 2020 Just hasn't been good to us. It is what it is. Others have it much worse. I am not about to give up the fight. People depend on this display every year.

Anyways, I do not need the preview of it if I am just adding it to songs I already have. So I am sticking with S4 for bow.  if James has the pixel tree parts of the sequences, I will just stick with the main Christmas songs this year,  Not going to be able to learn it this year so I will just copy and paste what others have done for the popular songs. Hopefully I find my motivation and can get back to normal soon. Hell I'm only 43. I want to be putting on this show til I am 80! Have to get my mojo back! lol

As far as adding the pixie 16, I am running my pixels on aux A network off a mp3 director. My unit id available is number 15. Do I just add in the pixie 16 starting on unit id 15 with aux A network? Just want to make sure I can work it in without having to do anything special to my existing layout. Im having a total brain fart right now on what I need to do.

1 hour ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Thanks guys. Came back much later than anticipated. Got rear ended at a red light In the beginning of June and it screwed my back up pretty good. This year I just haven't been motivated, This mess made it much worse. Had an MRI done due to the accident and they found almost a 2 inch growth on my thyroid. Yayyy (not), So I am trying to find my motivation again, So much stress and no health insurance just made things much worse than they already were. I think I am just going to redo a list of songs from last year and add the pixel tree to it. If I find the motivation then I will add some new songs. 2020 Just hasn't been good to us. It is what it is. Others have it much worse. I am not about to give up the fight. People depend on this display every year.

Anyways, I do not need the preview of it if I am just adding it to songs I already have. So I am sticking with S4 for bow.  if James has the pixel tree parts of the sequences, I will just stick with the main Christmas songs this year,  Not going to be able to learn it this year so I will just copy and paste what others have done for the popular songs. Hopefully I find my motivation and can get back to normal soon. Hell I'm only 43. I want to be putting on this show til I am 80! Have to get my mojo back! lol

As far as adding the pixie 16, I am running my pixels on aux A network off a mp3 director. My unit id available is number 15. Do I just add in the pixie 16 starting on unit id 15 with aux A network? Just want to make sure I can work it in without having to do anything special to my existing layout. Im having a total brain fart right now on what I need to do.

GS- on phone right now so kept it simple. That will tell you exactly how to set up your pixie. Box to lights

JR

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

GS- on phone right now so kept it simple. That will tell you exactly how to set up your pixie. Box to lights

JR

Thanks I had found this right after I posted that :)