Light-O-Rama Forums
prevue12

N4-G4-MP3 Director Documentation

Got it.  Thanks for the explanation John.  Understand the KISS principle!  Same here for understanding the details of E1.31 - I have been running E1.31 since before LOR had any E1.31 hardware (almost immediately after LOR software started supporting it).  I also understand how hard it is for many people to understand the networking parts, so the KISS principle makes sense.  Yes, the Pixie series of controllers is in my opinion, and highly valued addition to your product line - I do have one...

As for long strings, my longest is 100 pixels, but I am running power injection in several places (in part because of lot of my pixels are 5 volt).

I'm going to be THAT guy.

This is a great discussion of the PixieLink but the title of the thread is N4-G4-MP3 Director Documentation.  It seems to me it would make sense to create a new thread that indicates it contains discussion about the PixieLink and copy/move the discussion there.  I suspect there could be a number of people that would enjoy seeing the discussion but might not notice it due to the title of the thread.  Had I not been curious about the N4-G4-MP3 Director I would have missed this very interesting topic.

4 hours ago, basis21b said:

I'm going to be THAT guy.

This is a great discussion of the PixieLink but the title of the thread is N4-G4-MP3 Director Documentation.  It seems to me it would make sense to create a new thread that indicates it contains discussion about the PixieLink and copy/move the discussion there.  I suspect there could be a number of people that would enjoy seeing the discussion but might not notice it due to the title of the thread.  Had I not been curious about the N4-G4-MP3 Director I would have missed this very interesting topic.

Totally agree.  

And I came in here because I was LOOKING for the ACTUAL DOCUMENTATION for the N4-G3 MP3 Director {G4 Director} and I have yet to see a link to access said documentation that is supposed to exist somewhere.  

I bought one of these and the documentation I got was for the 2 Network G3 MP3 Director which is NOT the same as the N4-G4 {G4} Director, which has 4 ports and supports a larger SD Card and possibly added features. 

But you wouldn't know that by the current documentation supplied with it, since it's for a PREVIOUS version of the Director units.

And it seems this part of this topic got hijacked for the PixieLink device.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 1:34 AM, Orville said:

Totally agree.  

And I came in here because I was LOOKING for the ACTUAL DOCUMENTATION for the N4-G3 MP3 Director {G4 Director} and I have yet to see a link to access said documentation that is supposed to exist somewhere.  

I bought one of these and the documentation I got was for the 2 Network G3 MP3 Director which is NOT the same as the N4-G4 {G4} Director, which has 4 ports and supports a larger SD Card and possibly added features. 

But you wouldn't know that by the current documentation supplied with it, since it's for a PREVIOUS version of the Director units.

And it seems this part of this topic got hijacked for the PixieLink device.

Still waiting for the link to the G4 Documentation you stated should be around here somewhere DevMike and stated you were going to give us that link to it.

Did the N4-G3 MP3 Documentation disappear like folks props are disappearing in S5 with no return?

Edited by Orville