Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Faces

trooperblazer

Sorry if this is not posted in the correct section.  I am currently upgrading many of my sequences to include the singing trees for my 2020 display.

The question is it possiible to sequence to individual pixels on the trees?  What I am trying to do is to see if I can make the eyes look left and right.

Is this possible?

1 hour ago, trooperblazer said:

Sorry if this is not posted in the correct section.  I am currently upgrading many of my sequences to include the singing trees for my 2020 display.

The question is it possiible to sequence to individual pixels on the trees?  What I am trying to do is to see if I can make the eyes look left and right.

Is this possible?

Not without adding more nodes. If you add more nodes and mark the nodes in your grid or channel config you can do it. 

Also- which trees do you have or looking at?

But either way you will need more pixels set up in a specific config to achieve it.

You can practice on the visualizer or animator and see what it would take and look like.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, trooperblazer said:

Is this possible?

If the LOR Trees, yes, there is a way, but it's a pain to set up.   I set up my singing trees that way initially and it was a royal pain to sequence.

But if you want to control each node independently you will have to delete the 8 Channel, 24 circuit set up and use the default settings when you add a new controller, this will change the channel line up, now you'll have 200 channels for each port, so if you have say Ralphie for example, set up as an 8 channel, 24 circuit setup, and you delete it, then add the Pixie2 controller to the sequence and you use whatever ID # you assigned to the controller + 1 for the 2nd port, and 200 nodes per port.   That is if your Ralphie is Controller #01, then port 1 will show as Unit Id #01 Port 1 and channel nodes 1-100, now port 2 will be Unit ID #02, Port 2m and channel nodes 1-100, on this port you will have to manually change each channel, as Port 2 will start with Node 101 to Node 200, you will also have some channels that won't be used.   You will need the diagram for EACH Singing Tree you have to set each one up like this.  And when you actually see what this entails, I think you'll give up on this idea, as it makes it very complicated to program the lights as now you have more than 4 channels for mouth movements, same for everything else.

I learned this the hard way, believe me, it's so much easier to use the Singing Trees with the 8 Channel, 24 circuit set up {still has to be done manually to set things up for each tree and channel}, but easier to sequence and program the tree, also takes far less time time to set up and get running using the defaults.  You just can't control each node independently using the default.

But if you want full independent control, this is what it would take.   It took me HOURS upon HOURS to set mine up using the independent node set up, label all the channels and renumber the 2nd port to match the tree node diagram for each tree {and I only have 2 presently!}

Personally I wouldn't recommend the control each node independently option for the trees, it's just too complicated and cumbersome.

Now this was done in S4, but it's still going to be a royal pain in your backside to set up!

Edited by Orville

8 minutes ago, Orville said:

If the LOR Trees, yes, there is a way, but it's a pain to set up.   I set up my singing trees that way initially and it was a royal pain to sequence.

But if you want to control each node independently you will have to delete the 8 Channel, 24 circuit set up and use the default settings when you add a new controller, this will change the channel line up, now you'll have 200 channels for each port, so if you have say Ralphie for example, set up as an 8 channel, 24 circuit setup, and you delete it, then add the Pixie2 controller to the sequence you will get whatever ID # you assigned to the controller + 1 for the 2nd port, and 200 nodes per port.  That is if your Ralphie is Controller #01, then port 1 will show as Unit Id #01 Port 1 and channel nodes 1-100, now port 2 will be Unit ID #02, Port 2m and channel nodes 1-100, on this port you will have to manually change each channel, as Port 2 will start with Node 101 to Node 200, you will also have some channels that won't be used.   You will need the diagram for EACH Singing Tree you have to set each one up like this.  And when you actually see what this entails, I think you'll give up on this idea, as it makes it very complicated to program the lights as now you have more than 4 channels for mouth movements, same for everything else.

I learned this the hard way, believe me, it's so much easier to use the Singing Trees with the 8 Channel, 24 circuit set up {still has to be done manually to set things up for each tree and channel}, but easier to sequence and program the tree, also takes far less time time to set up and get running using the defaults.  You just can't control each node independently using the default.

But if you want full independent control, this is what it would take.   It took me HOURS upon HOURS to set mine up using the independent node set up, label all the channels and renumber the 2nd port to match the tree node diagram for each tree {and I only have 2 presently!}

Personally I wouldn't recommend the control each node independently option for the trees, it's just too complicated and cumbersome.

Its not really that difficult, I do similar with my other RGB singers, just not make the eyes look directional. He would only have to add more nodes and either another controller or a larger pixie or dmx controller like the pixcon16.

Rows/ slices would need to be added and 1 port could make it work as long as he knows the node numbers of each row. It would need to be sequenced similar to a chase but slowed down.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

wow thanks guys.  This might just make things more difficult then I am willing to do at this time.  

• The topic was locked