Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Face Class

dibblejr

Singing Face Zoom Class Day/ Time  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To best accomodate the most people I am asking for your input.

• Thursday 7:00 PM CT
    • Friday 6:00 PM CT
    • Saturday 12:00 PM CT
    • Saturday 6:00 PM CT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/20/2020 at 04:45 AM

Thanks to everyone who attended. We had a few more than we had last week.

This time you were able to see me in real time sequencing. Thank you to whomever suggested it , my apologies for not remembering who asked.

Once again hopefully everyone walked away with more knowledge than they had prior to attending.

This time the video went to the Zoom cloud so hopefully I wont have any problems with it.

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Thanks to everyone who attended. We had a few more than we had last week.

This time you were able to see me in real time sequencing. Thank you to whomever suggested it , my apologies for not remembering who asked.

Once again hopefully everyone walked away with more knowledge than they had prior to attending.

This time the video went to the Zoom cloud so hopefully I wont have any problems with it.

JR

We had a severe thunderstorm Saturday and took out our power for a while.  So no computer, no internet for us for almost 2 hours and I can never remember the time differences between Florida and Alabama.  I can never remember is Central time an hour behind us or an hour ahead of us where I am in Florida.  Storm was raging here and took out our power around 6pm Eastern and it didn't come back on in my area 'til almost 8pm Eastern.   The power transformer that seems to always get hit in these things is a difficult one for the power crews to get access too. 

Why it is where it is, is a a mystery.  It's between 2 very large bodies of water and not enough access room for their trucks to get to it easily.  So every time it goes out during a rainstorm{gets hit by lightning and those large bodies of water spill over their banks}, in my neighborhood, they have to come in through our neighborhood, take a fence down to access it from our side, then put it back up after they enter the area, take it down again to get back out and then restore it again {can you say "idiotic?"}. 

Which is now even more difficult for them because the owner of the park took away their large access area for their power trucks to access it easily, because the current idiot of an owner would not listen to the people that lived at the access point, and so put a manufactured home on the open lot that had given them easy access in the past.  So now they have to slowly creep between the two homes to get to it now and their trucks just barely fit in the space they use to do the repairs{replace of fix the blown power transformer.  

And neither the previous or current owner would not allow them to put in an access gate either.  Can you say "dimwitted, short-sided owner{s}?"   If I can ever move out of this glorified  manufactured "trailer" home park I will do so.   We go through this every summer during the rainy season with the thunderstorms we have.   And this power transofrmer ONLY affects our little section of the park.

If I ever get lucky enough to purchase a real house, I'm gone.  I'll never buy another one of these so-called manufactured homes{again, nothing but a glorified trailer that looks close to a house}. ever.  If I know what I know now, I'd have never moved into one!  Lesson learned the hard way.

p.s. sorry for the bit of a rant, but it just frustrates me when this happens, especially if I'm planning on something like a class or working on my display.  Soon as I hear thunder, I save whatever I'm doing and it's off the computer until the storm passes.

Well time to go brew the morning coffee, maybe next week I'll have better luck at getting to the singing face class.

Hey JR

Thanks for the tutorial yesterday. Guilty ! I'm the guy requesting you do some in real-time, appreciate d it!

John

It’s that time of the week again.

Class tomorrow at 6:00 pm. Central Time

For the ones that have attended any previous classes the same link will work.

The waiting room will be open at 5:00 pm Central time.

For anyone who had not attended a class that wants in please post your email here or in a private message.

JR

Due to some current events not related to holiday lights, holidays or anything LOR I will unfortunately have to cancel tonight's class.

Any one that would like a class during the week next week M-F just pm me and we can discuss. (absolutely free as usual)

If not I will see you next Saturday 13 June @ 6:00 pm Central time.

Everyone that requested it should have received the class 2 video. Class 1 video is still not available.

Once again my apologies but some things just came up.

JR 

One more week with no class.

This time due to Spectrum doing something in our neighborhood and we are out of internet.

They are predicting Sunday finish their work.

They stopped 3 house just before mine and when I spoke with them they were “knocking off for the day”

Dont think my cell phone can be used for sequencing.

We need an app LOL

Sorry everyone.

Hopefully class will resume next weekend.

I know I owe some of you the video from week 2. I got it out to all of those that I emailed the class packets but if I missed you please let me know.

As soon as our tv and internet are back up I will send.

Thank you

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

One more week with no class.

This time due to Spectrum doing something in our neighborhood and we are out of internet.

They are predicting Sunday finish their work.

They stopped 3 house just before mine and when I spoke with them they were “knocking off for the day”

Dont think my cell phone can be used for sequencing.

We need an app LOL

Sorry everyone.

Hopefully class will resume next weekend.

I know I owe some of you the video from week 2. I got it out to all of those that I emailed the class packets but if I missed you please let me know.

As soon as our tv and internet are back up I will send.

Thank you

JR

I am waiting on the week 2 video when you have time, Thanks Keith

Edited by Kapkirk

On 6/12/2020 at 5:53 PM, Kapkirk said:

I am waiting on the week 2 video when you have time, Thanks Keith

Sent, wow what a week. No internet turned in to getting busy doing daddy things leading to all kinds of piled up work. This is the first time on the forums since the last post where I had to cancel the event due to no internet.

My apologies.

JR

Class will resume tomorrow night at 6:00 pm Central Time

Those that have attended, the same link will work. 

Anyone wanting to attend for the first time pm me an email address and I will send you the files you need.

Also remember, you must have a basic understanding of how to sequence in S4 or S5. This class is not to teach you the basics of sequencing, its to add some techniques on how to sequence singing faces without software. Manually.

JR

JR

When possible could you send me week 3 video, I have found the video you sent me from week 2 was actually easier to follow and make good use of your techniques cause I can rewind kind of and go over your tech suggestions at my learning speed. I really appreciate your effort and time, Thanks, Keith

On 6/19/2020 at 10:34 PM, dibblejr said:

Class will resume tomorrow night at 6:00 pm Central Time

Those that have attended, the same link will work. 

Anyone wanting to attend for the first time pm me an email address and I will send you the files you need.

Also remember, you must have a basic understanding of how to sequence in S4 or S5. This class is not to teach you the basics of sequencing, its to add some techniques on how to sequence singing faces without software. Manually.

JR

8 minutes ago, Kapkirk said:

JR

When possible could you send me week 3 video, I have found the video you sent me from week 2 was actually easier to follow and make good use of your techniques cause I can rewind kind of and go over your tech suggestions at my learning speed. I really appreciate your effort and time, Thanks, Keith

Between Fathers Day and other stuff going on in the USA last night must have kept people busy so no one showed up.

May call them all off and just do one on ones for those truly interested.

Or I may have been that good that everyone learned my method in just 2 classes. LOL

JR

17 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Between Fathers Day and other stuff going on in the USA last night must have kept people busy so no one showed up.

May call them all off and just do one on ones for those truly interested.

Or I may have been that good that everyone learned my method in just 2 classes. LOL

JR

Oh darn, sorry to hear that, I still haven't cured my microphone issue and using your video I decided to skip last nights class, I should have emailed or messaged you sorry. Really got a lot out of your first class but honestly got more from the video cause I could replay tips like your vowel rules and how to find the end and beginning of a word, my daughter in law is coming for Fathers Day dinner tonight so maybe I can get her to cure my microphone problem in time for next weeks class if you have one.

I am betting your right about it being fathers day weekend and the reason for no shows, so don't get down cause it was a busy weekend here, and I bet it was every where else, we really do appreciate your time and effort, Thank You

Keith

Jr please continue with the classes i enjoy attending  them great way to learn and also the  chats after thank you for your time it's appreciated  Blair 

JR,

I apologize, but cannot attend on Saturday's, as I'm trying to make that more of a family day with the kids, while they're still at the house.  Sorry.  And, the next 2 Saturday's, I'll be out-of-town for college visits and house-hunting for my different kids.  So, please do not stop, as I'm trying to learn from your recorded lessons.

From the post above, I'm assuming there's no video from Week "3".  Is that correct?

Thanks again!

We will give it another shot this week. In the emails I have provided everyone with my cell # and if you have problems  logging on or may be late for the class feel free to text me even if you are the only person I will still have the class and accommodate your time.

Keep in mind anyone wanting some help during the week shoot me a text and if available I will assist you. Extra credit! LOL

There was no video from week 3 since week 3 didn't happen. 

6:00 pm Saturday 27 June the waiting area will be open at 5:30.

JR 

Shoot, so week 4 is coming up?  I have been out of pocket for a little bit, is each week to week progressive and I'd be completely lost if I start now?

6 minutes ago, Dave76 said:

Shoot, so week 4 is coming up?  I have been out of pocket for a little bit, is each week to week progressive and I'd be completely lost if I start now?

Week 3

You will not be lost. Its progressive and I can send you the sequence we have thus far. Since it is progressive you'll be fine.

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

We will give it another shot this week. In the emails I have provided everyone with my cell # and if you have problems  logging on or may be late for the class feel free to text me even if you are the only person I will still have the class and accommodate your time.

Keep in mind anyone wanting some help during the week shoot me a text and if available I will assist you. Extra credit! LOL

There was no video from week 3 since week 3 didn't happen. 

6:00 pm Saturday 27 June the waiting area will be open at 5:30.

JR 

JR -- thanks for your persistence and serving attitude.  It is appreciated.  I won't be able to take advantage of these training sessions until very late July.  This Saturday, 6pm, I'm planning to be in N TX, on the way to a couple college tours for one of my kids.  The following Saturday, will be with my aging parents in S TX to help some with their estate.  And, it keeps going on like this.  So, I may be reserved to getting the after-class recordings, and trying to learn that way.  :(