Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Face Class

dibblejr

Singing Face Zoom Class Day/ Time  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To best accomodate the most people I am asking for your input.

• Thursday 7:00 PM CT
    • Friday 6:00 PM CT
    • Saturday 12:00 PM CT
    • Saturday 6:00 PM CT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/20/2020 at 04:45 AM

So most everyone knows the 2020 Expo has been cancelled. I would like to offer up a class (s) that I have given previously at the Expo and was set hoping to instruct this year.

My  method of sequencing singing faces.

If all goes well I will host a Zoom class by private link this week as a result of the poll. Please vote are interested in attending.

I am set to give 30 minute classes however 30 mins in a typical singing face environment will only net maybe 10 seconds of sequence maybe less since I expect questions. I may be able to log off and start a new session if others want to make it an hour. Depending on how things go I may continue to offer classes on Saturdays. There will be homework.

Max participants will be 100

It will be based on the 5 Mouth Movements 8 singing faces.

For anyone without 2 computer needed to attend I will share the post video of the session.

Central Time 

The class is free.

The requirements will be as follows.

Computer with S4 or S5 and knowledge with your version. (I will not have time to instruct on the how to use the software. We will be going from a brief introduction right to the nitty gritty).

An additional computer or way to be on Zoom.

The Song (please run the song through Audacity before class. Set the Bit Rate to "Constant", "128 Kbps", Speed "Fast". I always name mine song name …. audacity. All of them are the only ones that go in my Light O Rama "Audio" folder

Jonas Brothers - Like It's Christmas 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZTZ719C/ref=dm_ws_pr_fl_dp_B07ZTZ719C?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1589849689&sr=1-2

Patience

Time

Eagerness to Learn

Time

Edited by dibblejr

Sounds like a good idea.  looks like I'm the first to cast a vote. {Saturday @ 6pm works best for me}.

JR

Can you or anyone who knows give us a run through on how this will work. Will I need 2 computers? One to sequence with and the other to view/ask questions. What is zoom? will I need to download something prior to class, any other equipment needed?

Thanks, Keith

2 minutes ago, Kapkirk said:

JR

Can you or anyone who knows give us a run through on how this will work. Will I need 2 computers? One to sequence with and the other to view/ask questions. What is zoom? will I need to download something prior to class, any other equipment needed?

Thanks, Keith

Good point - forgot many may not have 2 computers. 

For those that do not have 2 computer I will share the post video.

Thanks for the reminder.

JR

• Like 1

JR  I also would like to join in  i'm retired so any time is good for me  Dennis

• Like 1

I will watch.  You did not mention what time zone your poll is based on.  Anything on a work day makes a huge difference depending on what time zone we're talking about.  I am going to assume Eastern since that is where you are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

I will watch.  You did not mention what time zone your poll is based on.  Anything on a work day makes a huge difference depending on what time zone we're talking about.  I am going to assume Eastern since that is where you are.

Central Thanks Jim

How awesome is this?!  Thank you, for doing this!

I REALLY REALLY want to do this, but may be too short of a notice to clear out schedule.  I'll work on that part.

Also, I haven't looked at S5 since last November.  Have to brush up quickly.

Based on previous post, is it best to have 2 computers going at once?  One with the Zoom, and one with the LOR?  Or, is one computer with 2 screens just as good?

Again -- thanks for doing this!

42 minutes ago, rhino said:

How awesome is this?!  Thank you, for doing this!

I REALLY REALLY want to do this, but may be too short of a notice to clear out schedule.  I'll work on that part.

Also, I haven't looked at S5 since last November.  Have to brush up quickly.

Based on previous post, is it best to have 2 computers going at once?  One with the Zoom, and one with the LOR?  Or, is one computer with 2 screens just as good?

Again -- thanks for doing this!

It doesn’t really matter as long as you can communicate and work at the same time.

Keep in mind that if you sign up I will provide a link so you can watch it in the event you can’t make it.

If this goes well I will provide classes on a weekly basis and perhaps some one on one since there’s not a whole lot to do these days.

JR

4 hours ago, Kapkirk said:

JR

Thanks, Keith

No download.

Once we know which day the class will be on people that will attend can shoot me a pm with email. I will send a link.

All you have to do is paste that link in your web browser and depending on how I set it up, wait for me to let you in or be in a virtual waiting room.

Just depends on how may sign up.

Zoom is sort of like or can be used as a virtual convention center.

I didn’t know what it was until the boys school closed and I had to become a teacher- no more common core here.

JR

Hi JR, thanks for doing.  I'll wait until you post a recording of the class as I'll be out of town for the holiday weekend.

Rich

I would be honored to learn from a master sequencer.   I will try to keep up b ut the cancer is back kicking me to hell.   Will we need a blank LMS with your layout or is our layout acceptable?

Paul Johnson

Del City, Oklahoma

1 minute ago, Paul L Johnson said:

I would be honored to learn from a master sequencer.   I will try to keep up b ut the cancer is back kicking me to hell.   Will we need a blank LMS with your layout or is our layout acceptable?

Paul Johnson

Del City, Oklahoma

Anyone who uses S5 that is brave enough to import my layout to S5 is welcome to it. From my little experience with S5 it will be easier for them to build their own grid layout and import my sequence for the animation. I believe that is how it was done.

Anyone in S4 who signs up I will send them a Channel Config with my animation and channel assignments. It will be easier if we are all on the same page. The channels can be moved around at any time after the class or once everyone sees how and why I have my channels laid out they may want to stay with it.

I will send out instructions with the Zoom link.

Great to have you in the class.

JR