Light-O-Rama Forums

Play function acts weird when playing other than Full Sequence

Guest guest

When trying to play a selection or the visable screen, it starts playing from a different part of the song. it will play the same amount of time that i select, but not the part of the song or the animations I want to observe. I could deal with it when I was only in the 1st minute of the song, but I'm into the 2nd minute now and listening to 2 mins worth of music so I can closely watch 10 seconds is getting old.

any ideas?

Hi,

We have heard this from a number of people. Make sure that you click the green button not the green button with the + sign.... But there does seem to be a problem. It works fine for most but something funny happens on some machines or perhasp with some sequences.

If you have time could you send the sequence you have the problem with and the mp3 file to info@lightorama.com

I have the same problem on almost all my sequences. Recorded at 128 or better.

I do notice it most when editing, then save and play viewable, but if I play viewable again it will not happen, also on the first edit if I try to select a cell it will jump forward on the down click of the mouse, then jump back on the release of the mouse and be one cell off (forward) from where I initially selected, If I play viewable again it will not happen, but if I advance the sequence for editing it will do it again on the initial viewable play.

I Have learned to expect and deal with it, will be nice when it fixed

My Hardware Specs:

CTB16D, Editor 1.5.0, HP Compaq nc6220, 1 GB Ram, Laptop Centrino, USB wireless Mouse, Wireless Ethernet, Using Comm 1 for CTB16D, MS XP Pro Sp2.

Hope this helps

Some of these things we have a hard time reproducing. I may be looking in early January for some folks who have problems with 1.5.0 to try LOR II and see if it still happens so we can try to undersand this thing and get it right. The Sequence Editor has been torn to shreds and reassembled.

RickWilliams wrote:

I have the same problem on almost all my sequences. Recorded at 128 or better.
Hmmmmm, Have you narrowed it down to definately be that? All of mine are uncompressed WAV files except for a couple that I couldn't find the original CD for. I think those are 128K MP3's. I have this issue with several sequences. Just send Dan one of them.

Hmmmmm, Have you narrowed it down to definitely be that?

I'm not worried about it, it's not effecting my show, just the link between the computer and the chair mostly.

Just trying to supply additional information for Dan.

The computer that runs my LOR program is in the garage and is not attached to the internet. When I first tested the show, I found that the music would hang up from time to time. I then rebooted the computer and turned off other programs like the anti-virses program. I am told that the program (anti-virses) will slow the computer down (cpu draw) which can cause the music to hang up.

The problem isn't the music hanging. When you play a section and then click on the grid, it jumps to another part of the song. It's only in the sequence editor, doesn't affect shows.

I think we are not talking about a few different things.

1. In play visable screen when you play it sometimes starts on position outside the screen

2. In play visable screen when you click on a cell it sometimes jumps to another screen

3. Variable Bit Rate MP3 files do not start at the correct position in the song... I think this is an issue with Windows Media Player's API that we use so you should make sure that your MP3s are fixed rate. This issue is pretty well understood.

4. A machine with lots of stuff running on it can have interruptions in the media player and or the operation of the lights. Your show machine should run a minimum of applications. This is one of the reasons we will have the MP3/Director card next year so that we are not stuck running on a PC. This issue is pretty well understood.

-----------

What it boils down to is: on some machines, the play ranges (Visable screen and Selection ) do not always work correctly. Most people (including the machines at LOR) have no problem with this and we will work at trying to understand it. Again we appreciate all the help....

I have had this jumping problem from the beginning, on various machines. Let's say I'm looking at a grid on the screen, and I click a box to turn on. Almost every 3rd time I do this, the whole screen shifts to another spot on the grid. But when I hit enter it shifts back to the right area. It happens to me all the time. I also have the grid delay problem when I am trying to watch a full sequence. I've never been able to stop it, so I have gotten used to dealing with it. I use several machines to do my sequences (office, work, bedroom, etc) and it does it on all of them. I'm hoping LOR II will fix it. I wish I would have brought my laptop to PLUS, because the problem is easier to see than to explain.

Bill

I had the problem on one song. It was Carol of the Bells. Everytime I thought I hit my marks I would go and replay it and be 2/10 of a second off. Redo it and would be different again. Finally, said that was enough and went with a different song. It was on wav. format.

Robin,

One of the problems I have is the mark actually looking like it shifted. You will click on the box you want, and the whole screen will shift to the left, and your mark will look like it's in a whole different area, until you hit enter. Then the actual mark will be where you originally clicked. It really freaks you out after you have been syncing for 5 hours.:shock:

Bill

Bill, that has happened a couple of times to me on a few wav songs. Really freaks me out at first. On other songs it does not do it. I really need to check what audio files LOR is able to read and try saving to a different file. I purchased the Lynard Skinnner song Run Run Rudolph and have it on my computer play it in wmp and real player but can not get it on LOR. Driving me nuts cause I really wanted to do it this year. Can't find the CD here and am not going to do the Amazon thing as it is too late.

If you have a file in wmp format then you can create a musical sequence and then when you are asked for the audio file, go to the folder where the file is and then In the box where it says filename type *.wmp ...

You will then be able to link to the wmp file. I don't think we can use it if it is licensed.