Light-O-Rama Forums

6 Layer Nested Star

jg2770

4 minutes ago, jg2770 said:

ok so i need to set the unit id for the first pixie 2   to  3D and 3E and the second pixie 2   to 3F and 40

Yes, since you are using both outputs of the first Pixie.

2 minutes ago, jg2770 said:

i have the light strung with port 1 starting ccw bottom right im running it around the star 70 on outer layer then im going onto layer with 30 nodes from that first 100 node string.  then im starring the second string of 100 nodes with 30 to finish the 60 node layer then on to the 50 node layer then onto the 40 with 10 nodes going into that layer. and so on until i get to the center layer where i cut a string to get 20 nodes.  

I'm going to translate that into my format.

Pixie 1, output 1 (Unit ID 3D): star 1 (outer) (70 pixels), then continues on to the first 30 pixels of star 2, for a total of 100 pixels on that output.

Pixie 1, output 2 (Unit ID 3E): remaining 30 pixels of star 2, then continues on to all 50 pixels of star 3, then on to the first 20 pixels of star 4 for a total of 100 pixels on that output.

Pixie 2, output 1 (Unit ID 3F): remaining 20 pixels of star 4, then continues on to all 30 pixels on star 5, and then on to all 20 pixels of star 6 for a total of 70 pixels on that output.

Did I get that right?

That should be fine with the revision (as I stated here) of the Unit IDs to get rid of the duplicates.  You would also need to revise the channel assignments in the Preview, and that would include changing the Max circuits to 300 so that the channels would roll over correctly.  Something like this:

jg2770_star.png

The key is the number of circuits, which you need to set to the number your pixie supports, 300 (3 * pixels per string)

you can also let LOR do the math by setting Enter channel number for first row with autonumber but you have to not de-select separate id for each string (or else it will start over with each nest of lights)

You will end up with the same pixel assignment as in the image above. 

I went ahead to put it together and it works.  Yes i did not set the max circuit to 300.  Thank you so much i would of never figured out.  

• The topic was locked