Light-O-Rama Forums

Another possible bug in 5.4.2?

bdwillie

I seem to be having more difficulties with 5.4.2 and preview  I have a few props that are multi stranded lights, like my mega tree wanna be.  It has 12 strands of lights strung vertically.  I have it set up in preview correctly, and it showed correctly on sequences that I already had worked on prior to updating to 5.4.2.  any new sequences and multi stringed items seem to be out of order in preview,  preview playback and in sequencer.  I can rearrange them manually in the sequence editor and save, but if i add a prop, and hit reset displayed props and groups, it goes back to being miss-numbered.  The good news is, it also moves the associated work rows with it so the prop will work correctly if you catch it before sequencing.  I have double, triple, quadruple checked the preview builder, went back to last years preview and compared, everything is the same.  any ideas?  Will include two pictures, one is the prop set up in preview designer, the other is how it comes into sequence editor, not in order.  Should be Mega Tree String 1 through 12 in order.  I have also checked every time I have reset the props that there is no way to reorder them there.  Any ideas??

tree%202_JPG.webptree%201_JPG.webp

Edited by bdwillie

OK I have to be doing something wrong.  I manually reordered the tree lines so I can continue from the above post, and found another problem along the same lines, bear with me, and hopefully I can get set straight here.  Created a dumb RGB item using the advance buffer layout.  It is three words, each word is it's own rgb channel group (if I am explaining that right)  As you can see in the photo's, I labeled the top word 1, the second 2 and the third 3.  You can see in the designer photo that it assigned three sets of RGB like it should, and created the three words one on top of another as it should in the layout.  When in the sequencer, all three words show with distinctions at the end for row and column and they are in the correct order.  if you play the simple pattern that is shown, the item actually lights backwards, bottom to top instead of top to bottom. If I go back in advanced buffer and make the top one 3, and the bottom one 1, it acts as expected, playing the pattern top to bottom.   I have to be overlooking something elementary and simple.  can someone point me to the error of my ways?

ho%202_JPG.webpho%201_JPG.webpHo%204_JPG.webpho%203_JPG.webp

On 4/26/2020 at 5:48 PM, bdwillie said:

I seem to be having more difficulties with 5.4.2 and preview  I have a few props that are multi stranded lights, like my mega tree wanna be.  It has 12 strands of lights strung vertically.  I have it set up in preview correctly, and it showed correctly on sequences that I already had worked on prior to updating to 5.4.2.  any new sequences and multi stringed items seem to be out of order in preview,  preview playback and in sequencer.  I can rearrange them manually in the sequence editor and save, but if i add a prop, and hit reset displayed props and groups, it goes back to being miss-numbered.  The good news is, it also moves the associated work rows with it so the prop will work correctly if you catch it before sequencing.  I have double, triple, quadruple checked the preview builder, went back to last years preview and compared, everything is the same.  any ideas?  Will include two pictures, one is the prop set up in preview designer, the other is how it comes into sequence editor, not in order.  Should be Mega Tree String 1 through 12 in order.  I have also checked every time I have reset the props that there is no way to reorder them there.  Any ideas??

tree%202_JPG.webptree%201_JPG.webp

You can open/expand the prop to see the channels inside of the editor.

Right click on the first channel and you will see the sort option in the menu listing. You can sort them in several different ways.

Like you, I used to manually sort them and it sucked till I found that option. Hope it helps!!

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Right click on the first channel and you will see the sort option in the menu listing. You can sort them in several different ways.

Like you, I used to manually sort them and it sucked till I found that option. Hope it helps!!

AHA!  Will give that a go,  seems it should be in the order that is in the dsesigner though.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Greg’s been a huge help and a great friend. Valuable asset to me as I try to get S5 working.

JR