Light-O-Rama Forums

uMP3g3 ShowTime miniDirector - AC & Pixie

CampbellHouse

Can I run a blend of AC and Pixie controllers from the uMP3g3 ShowTime miniDirector. Adding Pixie 16 (Mega Tree) to my show this year and wondering if I can still use the uMP3g3 ShowTime miniDirector to run new sequences that have the mega tree as part of the sequence.

image.png.4c55f6659327aa5214bd1b841b2134a0.png

Since you have the newer version of the miniDirector, the answer is yes - most likely.  The uMP3g3 can run at 500K and Enhanced which you will need for your Pixie 16.  I said most likely because your AC controllers will also need to be able to operate at 500K and Enhanced.  If they are Gen 3 controllers, you should be good to go.  I will further note however that a Pixie 16 can max out the capacity of a 500K circuit if it's heavily loaded.  For example, one Pixie 16 with 16 strings of 100 pixels will pretty well max out a 500K Enhanced network.  Your mileage may vary depending on how fast your sequencing is.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CampbellHouse said:

Can I run a blend of AC and Pixie controllers from the uMP3g3 ShowTime miniDirector. Adding Pixie 16 (Mega Tree) to my show this year and wondering if I can still use the uMP3g3 ShowTime miniDirector to run new sequences that have the mega tree as part of the sequence.

image.png.4c55f6659327aa5214bd1b841b2134a0.png

Absolutely, use the HUB to create the SD card, ensure the SD card is Kingdon. The HUB makes card creation fast, answer 2 questions and done.

JR

• Like 1

• The topic was locked