Light-O-Rama Forums

PIXEL Tree

GrisWattsZ

I have 1 controller and plan to purchase two more before November, my question is what else do I need when I but the pizel tree to make it work, beside the rgb lights and tree hardware. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, GrisWattsZ said:

I have 1 controller and plan to purchase two more before November, my question is what else do I need when I but the pizel tree to make it work, beside the rgb lights and tree hardware. 

Thanks 

What controllers? What lights? If going RGB or pixels then you may need a license upgrade and some faster adapters. We need more info.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GrisWattsZ said:

Thanks 

This is all you'd need at this link:

Plug-n-Show Complete Pixel Tree Kit

This is and has EVERYTHING you need to assemble and have a Pixel Tree, controller, RGB Lights and hardware.   But to make the most of this, you're going to need to UPGRADE your License to at least Advanced, but PRO is better.   PRO License is more adept for the use with RGB Controllers and Pixel Products.

And you'll need to buy the RED High-Speed USB Adapter for RGB lights and Controllers, the black ones aren't set up for the faster 500K and Enhanced Network you'll need to run RGB products.  I have the older black USB485B adapter for my AC 16 channel {CTB16PC type} controllers and a red HS adapter for my RGB Controllers and lights.   Otherwise, if you try and mix these two on the same network and comm port, you're going to get some bad lag times in the RGB products. 

So you'd have a regular network for the AC Controllers and another network, like Aux A for the RGB Lights on the red adapter and a different comm port.   My settings are Regular Network, Network speed: 115.4k, Comm 3, NON-Enhanced for my CTB16PC Controllers on the USB485B black adapter, my current 5 RGB Controllers for my roof line/ramp RGB lights is set at Network: AUX A, Network Speed 500K, Comm4, ENHANCED on my Red HS USB Adapter. 

And since I am adding an N4-G3 MP3 Director and 2 LOR Singing Christmas Trees to my display this year {2 Pixie II RGB Controllers}, the Director unit will replace my adapters, since it is capable of 4 networks or if I use a computer to run the show, I'd need a 3rd adapter, which would be a 2nd RED HS USB Adapter for the Singing Trees, which would become my 3rd Network, AUX B, 500K, Comm 5, ENHANCED in either case, computer or Director run shows.  Again PRO License IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for any of this!

So as you can see with this, RGB lights added in, creates an entirely new scenario for how things are set up and can get quite confusing sometimes.  And the cost is a lot more for RGB than it is for the AC Controllers,and not all Controllers come with the RGB Lights either, depends on what type RGB Lights you are going to use, and some RGB Controllers WILL NOT WORK on anything less than a PRO License if using LOR Software to sequence them.  I haven't purchased a license yet for SuperStar, but a lot of the RGB sequencers use SuperStar software, an add on to the LOR Software suite and a different license, to program their RGB lights.

So this is a very expensive undertaking to get into RGB Lights.

Good Luck.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Orville said:

This is all you'd need at this link:

Plug-n-Show Complete Pixel Tree Kit

Except that he is not looking for a round tree that is the height of a tall man.  He is looking for a flat tree that is about twice that height.  Granted that with the kit, he could build it as a flat tree without folding the strips in half, but then he would only have 8 strips - which is really skimpy for a flat tree.  He would also have to add a few pieces and parts that are not in the kit.

For what he is trying to accomplish, I do not recommend the kit.  Look at it for a parts list to get an idea what is required.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Except that he is not looking for a round tree that is the height of a tall man.  He is looking for a flat tree that is about twice that height.  Granted that with the kit, he could build it as a flat tree without folding the strips in half, but then he would only have 8 strips - which is really skimpy for a flat tree.  He would also have to add a few pieces and parts that are not in the kit.

For what he is trying to accomplish, I do not recommend the kit.  Look at it for a parts list to get an idea what is required.

Well, from his post, I don't see that the OP is or was asking for a FLAT pixel tree.   He just asked about a pixel tree. 

Without the OP stating flat, round or otherwise, how do you know that is what he wanted?   I didn't see that in the OP's post that started this thread, otherwise, why would I have suggested the LOR  Pixel Tree?  I wouldn't have. 

OP never stated what type of pixel tree he was building, flat, round, height, none of that was mentioned anywhere.   So how did you arrive at the type, shape, size and height of the OP's pixel tree?    I'm not a clairvoyant or psychic, so I couldn't get any of that from his original post.

He asked the same question in two separate forum sections.  After I asked, he had specified in the OTHER one that it was a flat tree.  Hence the problem of asking the same question in two different forum sections.

• Like 1

I love my new CCR tree setup. Adapted my now retired MT hook head to be strait to accommodate 16 strands mounted on my emt. Zip tied the strands to the EMT and then cranked it to the top. I use an old trampoline base (1/2 of it for my ccr tree) to zip tie the bottoms of the strips. One man job and took minutes rather than hours to set it up.

Taking it down will require at least 2 people. One to crank the winch and one to walk the strands out as they come down. Otherwise they will jam into the ground.

Retired the old MT 

My corona show has the new tree test, worked as expected.

JR

I'm laughing reading this thread with three great guys replying.

We've been quarantining far to long.

I sure an happy you guys are alright.

Lately there's been a few threads that were replicated and slipped through. 

Back to sequencing land. Falling a little behind where I should be.

JR

7 hours ago, k6ccc said:

He asked the same question in two separate forum sections.  After I asked, he had specified in the OTHER one that it was a flat tree.  Hence the problem of asking the same question in two different forum sections.

Well that certainly explains it.  I only saw this one that came into my e-mail box from the forums.  I never saw the other one.  So I had no way of knowing exactly what they were looking for.  Now I understand your reply to my answer.  Well at least now I know.  Thanks Jim for clearing it up. {and us giving JR a good laugh}.

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I'm laughing reading this thread with three great guys replying.

We've been quarantining far to long.

I sure an happy you guys are alright.

Lately there's been a few threads that were replicated and slipped through. 

Back to sequencing land. Falling a little behind where I should be.

JR

Glad we could be a source of amusement for you JR.;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Orville said:

Well that certainly explains it.  I only saw this one that came into my e-mail box from the forums.  I never saw the other one.  So I had no way of knowing exactly what they were looking for.  Now I understand your reply to my answer.  Well at least now I know.  Thanks Jim for clearing it up. {and us giving JR a good laugh}.

Glad we could be a source of amusement for you JR.;)

Outa like guys, you'll really deserve another one.

The Spanish songs will be fine Orville. For them I go by sound.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:03 AM, dibblejr said:

Outa like guys, you'll really deserve another one.

The Spanish songs will be fine Orville. For them I go by sound.

Okay, wasn't sure how you handled those since their inflections on how Spanish words are said or sung are quite little different than English.  It does make for a challenge though. :D

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I owed you all likes. Im still laughing.

JR

Yep, Jim and my little banter is quite funny when you think about it.  He knew something I didn't when I answered, so since I never saw the other "duplicate" post that Jim did, I was wondering how the heck does he know this?  Kind of like when someones on the phone and you overhear one side of the conversation and hear your name mentioned in it and then wonder where did they get that information from?  But if you knew what the person on the other end said, you'd know.

They say knowing is half the fun, but NOT knowing turns it into something hilarious at times.🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Orville said:

Okay, wasn't sure how you handled those since their inflections on how Spanish words are said or sung are quite little different than English.  It does make for a challenge though. :D

Yep, Jim and my little banter is quite funny when you think about it.  He knew something I didn't when I answered, so since I never saw the other "duplicate" post that Jim did, I was wondering how the heck does he know this?  Kind of like when someones on the phone and you overhear one side of the conversation and hear your name mentioned in it and then wonder where did they get that information from?  But if you knew what the person on the other end said, you'd know.

They say knowing is half the fun, but NOT knowing turns it into something hilarious at times.🤣🤣🤣

A lot of threads about mega trees this week. Hard to remember which are which.

Almost 2 am, gonna have to do the TwiLight Zone song, I already did it.

When I don't know a word I youtube it, if I still cant figure it out I manage to make it look right. Luckily

I speak Japanese so this year I will be adding a Japanese group that I know personally to my show. Well they are older now song from the 80's. Nobody in my NOTW's speak Japanese so it will be interesting but it does have some English in it.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked