Light-O-Rama Forums

missing item?

mellow66

I am new at this. Kinda got thrown into it by opening my mouth.

With that being said; I have a LOR1602WG3 30amp controller. I am running this as a stand a lone unit. What I am trying to do is create a 160' drive thru tunnel. I am using LED minis. I have created my sequence after much time of hard learning. I can get the sequence to run in test mode. After all seems to be working to my liking, I try and run my sequence not being hooked to my computer and nothing. After doing some more reading and looking, I have decided that I need to have a showtime director to run this without using a computer. My question is: am I correct in needing this. It probably seems to simple of a question but there it is. 

thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

• 2 weeks later...

If the controller can run stand alone, it should be able to run the animation file by just downloading the show file into the unit.  Since I don't have S5 installed, I use S4, I know you can download show files using the Hardware Utility into Stand Alone controllers that have this capability.   So you should not need a Director unit to do this, providing the unit is actually capable of running animation sequences as a stand alone unit.

You use the HU to load the show into the controller.

I played around with this feature on a residential CTB16PCg3 AC controller with a Pixie 4. 💡 Use the Pixie as the host, the 16 is too slow to run the Pixie.

Note: not all effects are supported in standalone on the Pixie. It hurts nothing (hardware) to try.