Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Christmas trees

Acton Christmas

No guys It is not RGB. Standard AC led and string lights connected to a CTB16PCG3 controller. The only issue is the S5 preview only allowing one color on all 8 channels. Currently all of my 8 channels are 1 color in the prop preview. I just wanted to change the colors to match the actual prop.

2028770823_PropConfig.thumb.JPG.44e1d437608f3896e42e8f54f96b65d1.JPGPreview.thumb.JPG.e9f0d67e7961144fb83564e8eaf18cd3.JPG

You should be able to click on the channels - right side and select individual colors on the left side drop down.

I did this for another member and my original controllers when i started playing with S5.

JR

When you add the controller top right box say 8 channels "max circuit"

It will only add one row (channel in the bottom box"

Now On the left drop down

Choose your color and it will add the ports along with that color

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Well no matter what I try it wont let me customize my channel colors the way I want to. I can only make them all one color or select a multi string but that does not help either. I wish I could make channel 1 green, channel 2 blue, and channels 3 to 8 warm white. This will be a problem with other guys running wire frame props also as they cannot colorize their preview prop with the real colors. I suspect this is an S5 bug or oversight by the programmer. I am not going to get all hung up on it right now but it should be fixed.

20 minutes ago, jhains said:

Well no matter what I try it wont let me customize my channel colors the way I want to. I can only make them all one color or select a multi string but that does not help either. I wish I could make channel 1 green, channel 2 blue, and channels 3 to 8 warm white. This will be a problem with other guys running wire frame props also as they cannot colorize their preview prop with the real colors. I suspect this is an S5 bug or oversight by the programmer. I am not going to get all hung up on it right now but it should be fixed.

You are missing a step some place.

I have 5,4.2 on my show computer and it works.

I will make you a video.

JR

I believe no matter what version of the software you use, the channel colors will be displayed when a sequence is loaded if they have been set to a specific color for each channel, then during a sequence playback, all channel colors go grey and only display their color if there are lighting commands in that channel as the sequence plays.

Don't know if this works the same way in S5, but in the S4 Sequence Editor, you just click on the channel button, then select the color you want it to be in the color area of the pop up box, then select OK to set that channel to the color wanted.  Tried loading a sequence into the Pixel Editor since that is the pre-cursor to S5, but none of the channel buttons even show up in the PE, which to me does not make any sense.  So I couldn't test out the click on a channel button to see if the color could be set or not.

Guess that's why I stay with S4.4.4 and the basic Sequence Editor, just a lot easier to use and manipulate in my opinion.  The PE is just too complex, and I find S5 in that same "too complex" area, it needs to be simpler, like all the pre-versions of S5.  But that's just my opinion that I think it doesn't need to be as complicated as it is.

2 minutes ago, Orville said:

I believe no matter what version of the software you use, the channel colors will be displayed when a sequence is loaded if they have been set to a specific color for each channel, then during a sequence playback, all channel colors go grey and only display their color if there are lighting commands in that channel as the sequence plays.

Don't know if this works the same way in S5, but in the S4 Sequence Editor, you just click on the channel button, then select the color you want it to be in the color area of the pop up box, then select OK to set that channel to the color wanted.  Tried loading a sequence into the Pixel Editor since that is the pre-cursor to S5, but none of the channel buttons even show up in the PE, which to me does not make any sense.  So I couldn't test out the click on a channel button to see if the color could be set or not.

Guess that's why I stay with S4.4.4 and the basic Sequence Editor, just a lot easier to use and manipulate in my opinion.  The PE is just too complex, and I find S5 in that same "too complex" area, it needs to be simpler, like all the pre-versions of S5.  But that's just my opinion that I think it doesn't need to be as complicated as it is.

Orville not the same. Have to set this up in S% with Preview Design he just missed something.

Video is uploading

Will send via PM

JR

Just now, jhains said:

That would help. It is driving me crazy. 

You will have to turn down volume.

Speaker and headset both recording audio and boys are watching a movie

There seems to be a problem with Camtasia and my sequencing computer audio mixer.

Its common with alienware

My apologies

The video is finalizing

JR

5 minutes ago, jhains said:

That would help. It is driving me crazy. 

Video is in your in box

Let me know if it helped, I cant see well today

JR

13 minutes ago, Orville said:

Sending you the video just in case

JR

Thanks for the video. I could figure out how to make each channel a different color or all the same color but what if you wanted the color scheme like below. This is what has me scratching my head. I have attached my S5 8 channel ac controller prop definition file if that helps. The lor manual states that you can create a custom regular AC controller light string prop using the customize light placement tool and define single strings of lights as the same number in the grid. With pixels each cell would have to be the pixel number and increment accordingly. Maybe S5 wont do repeat colors on other channels of the same controller when using this tool. Not sure if anyone has ventured into that yet but because I couldn't find my prop I just created it.  

CH1 - GREEN
CH2 - BLUE
CH3 - WHITE
CH4 - WHITE
CH5 - WHITE
CH6 - WHITESInging Tree 1.lpeprop
CH7 - WHITE
CH8 - WHITE

25 minutes ago, jhains said:

Thanks for the video. I could figure out how to make each channel a different color or all the same color but what if you wanted the color scheme like below. This is what has me scratching my head. I have attached my S5 8 channel ac controller prop definition file if that helps. The lor manual states that you can create a custom regular AC controller light string prop using the customize light placement tool and define single strings of lights as the same number in the grid. With pixels each cell would have to be the pixel number and increment accordingly. Maybe S5 wont do repeat colors on other channels of the same controller when using this tool. Not sure if anyone has ventured into that yet but because I couldn't find my prop I just created it.  

CH1 - GREEN
CH2 - BLUE
CH3 - WHITE
CH4 - WHITE
CH5 - WHITE
CH6 - WHITESInging Tree 1.lpeprop
CH7 - WHITE
CH8 - WHITE

Figured it out, as stated its been a while since playing around with regular lights

Go to the peview design

Right click on the individual channel - modify. It will take you to the preview design for that one channel. Change the color from "multi" to "single color" then choose that color and save. Do the same for each channel one by one

I used your preview and wrote a test seq and it worked

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I just looked at your prop file to compare with mine - which does exactly what you want.  The difference is that for mine, each channel is a separate item that is then grouped, whereas yours is a single item.  Here is a link to both my singing tree, and a preview with four of them: 

http://newburghlights.org/share/jhains/

And JR beat me to posting by 30 seconds...

BTW, mine also has three additional channels:  1 pink bow, and two multi-color strings for use during instrumental songs.

Edited by k6ccc

9 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I just looked at your prop file to compare with mine - which does exactly what you want.  The difference is that for mine, each channel is a separate item that is then grouped, whereas yours is a single item.  Here is a link to both my singing tree, and a preview with four of them: 

http://newburghlights.org/share/jhains/

And JR beat me to posting by 30 seconds...

BTW, mine also has three additional channels:  1 pink bow, and two multi-color strings for use during instrumental songs.

Yes, I forgot to mention the problem with his prop. It appears the OP built it two ways or something. I was able to change the 1-8 but not the tree rows.

OP- if you don't need the actual prop you can just add 8 individual strings as well.

Jim - does that happen to be the prop file I sent and you converted? If so Im gonna download it, just in case I ever need it. Thank you

JR

Edited by dibblejr

The easiest way for you to build your prop if you need / want your prop and not a shared one

Use your picture as you did

Controller only use 1 channel and fill the prop, set the color , channel unit ID and network

Repeat that 7 more times and then convert to group to have them in one singing tree group.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

9 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Jim - does that happen to be the prop file I sent and you converted? If so Im gonna download it, just in case I ever need it. Thank you

I think I built that one several years ago.  You are welcome to download it (you may already have it).  I know I have distributed it many times.

Ok now it makes sense why my prop was acting like it was. Thanks guys for all of your help.  

• Like 1