Light-O-Rama Forums

Color change s5

Sanman

Hello all I am trying to make a specific orange color with my rgb lights and cannot figure it out. Every orange I pick turns out pastel. I need halloween orange. Anyone know what value to put in to get orange, or have a color chart that gives the values to put to make colors that they have seen or used? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Sanman said:

Hello all I am trying to make a specific orange color with my rgb lights and cannot figure it out. Every orange I pick turns out pastel. I need halloween orange. Anyone know what value to put in to get orange, or have a color chart that gives the values to put to make colors that they have seen or used? Thanks!

For Orange I used 100% red and 75% green.  Seemed to work well with both the CCB's and Bullet Pixels.  I have also used 100% red and 20% green in some cases, and I've used variations of that between 20%-75% for the green to get a variation on the orange color, usually using like a 5-10% difference between each greed to red ratio.  Red I've always used 100%.  Just depends on how light or dark you want the orange to be.

God Luck.

Orange is a tough one, and it will vary between different pixels.  My standard recommendation is to hook up the actual pixels, preferably with them mounted in the location where they will be used.  Then use the Pixel Console (part of the Hardware Utility) and adjust levels while watching the lights to get the color that you want.  I have found that about 100% red and around 15% green comes out with deep rich orange.  Your lights will vary from mine.  Once you determine what levels you like, document that somewhere.  Then in the S5 software using the color picker you can select those levels.  One thing to keep in mind is that the in the Pixel Console, the slider has a scale from 0 to 100%, but at the bottom of the sliders, will be the numeric values from 0 to 255 (as see in green in the screen capture below).  That is the number that will be used in the color picker.

Controlling_Pixels_using_HU-7.png

9 hours ago, Sanman said:

How do u change percentage I am brand new I apologize 

I'm not sure about S5, but in the older SE it was changed by the intensity settings.

15 hours ago, Sanman said:

How do u change percentage I am brand new I apologize 

highlight area to modify
right click and select existing effects
select decrease intensity and select percentage

15 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Orange is a tough one, and it will vary between different pixels.  My standard recommendation is to hook up the actual pixels, preferably with them mounted in the location where they will be used.  Then use the Pixel Console (part of the Hardware Utility) and adjust levels while watching the lights to get the color that you want.  I have found that about 100% red and around 15% green comes out with deep rich orange.  Your lights will vary from mine.  Once you determine what levels you like, document that somewhere.  Then in the S5 software using the color picker you can select those levels.  One thing to keep in mind is that the in the Pixel Console, the slider has a scale from 0 to 100%, but at the bottom of the sliders, will be the numeric values from 0 to 255 (as see in green in the screen capture below).  That is the number that will be used in the color picker.

Controlling_Pixels_using_HU-7.png

Exactly what Jim said. This is the best way to get the color orange as it changes from strand to strand.

When I outlined my house, I used the same lot of strips and got lucky that they all produced the same color orange.

But yes, hook up the nodes or strips and test with this method.

Edited by gsmith37064

5 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

When I outlined my house, I used the same lot of strips and got lucky that they all produced the same color orange.

USUALLY pixels in the same lot will be the same, but between lots, there is no guarantee.  That is part of why I am replacing all the pixels on my pixel tree this year.  When I rebuilt it from 12 x 50, I was expecting to go to 16 x 100, so I bought 2000 pixels.  Ended up going to 24 x 100, so I bought 500 more pixels from the same source.  That left strings 21 - 24 with a different dimming at low levels.  This year I am expanding it again to 26 x 100 so that would mean a third batch of pixels.  Gonna re-pixel it and bought 3,000 pixels in one batch...