Light-O-Rama Forums

how do you add the LOR Singing Christmas Trees to a Sequence?

Orville

Okay, I will be purchasing 3 of the LOR Singing Christmas Trees, the ones I'm buying will be Ralphie, Zuzu and Felix in the very near future. If all goes as planned.

Now what I need to know {hopefully from someone that has them} is how are they added to the sequence using S.4.4.4?

I'd like to be able to go ahead and add a track in my current sequences so that they will already be in place to start sequencing them when I get them.

I'd like to know how they are set up for each part of the tree, mouth, eyes, outline of tree body, so I know how many channels are needed to accomplish this.

So if anyone has any basic animation sequences that shows how this is done, I'd sure appreciate seeing how these LOR Singing Christmas Trees are set up.  That way I can set them up as needed prior to their arrival when the time comes and hopefully have many of my sequences converted for their use for my 2020 display.

Would also like some recommendations on methods you used to frame or support them for easy put up and take down.  How were they affixed to the support system you used?

Thanks to anyone that can supply me with some ideas or a sequence specific to the LOR Singing Christmas Trees I'll be using in my display.  Just need to know what I'm going to need to get these up and operational when I finally get them.

I won't be using your sequence for anything but reference, so won't be selling, giving away or anything other than using it as a reference point to get me started.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I need this for the actual Sequence Editor.   I do not use the Pixel Editor.

And the sequence does not need any lighting commands, just the channel set up for the LOR Singing Christmas Trees.

Thanks again for any help , suggestions or ideas. 

Edited by Orville

Orville - I can help you need as far as SE

As for framing, all of my singing faces are mounted to either 2X4 or 2X6's pressure treated. 

You could just roll them up as we discussed before and put them back in the box for storage. If I was going to do that I would design an al frame or possibly a pvc frame that would collapse or fold in n itself.

I did that a long time ago. I gave another member BostonChris my pvc frames a couple years ago.

For pixels I would use grey 2" pvc. You will need some T's and elbos and for legs you would use a 2 1/4" T on the straights so they can fold up. Think of them as sort of like the old, when we were young pitching backstops. That's how it would look.

Im not sure if I still have pics of what I gave to Chris but maybe he will see this and chime in.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Orville - I can help you need as far as SE

As for framing, all of my singing faces are mounted to either 2X4 or 2X6's pressure treated. 

You could just roll them up as we discussed before and put them back in the box for storage. If I was going to do that I would design an al frame or possibly a pvc frame that would collapse or fold in n itself.

I did that a long time ago. I gave another member BostonChris my pvc frames a couple years ago.

For pixels I would use grey 2" pvc. You will need some T's and elbos and for legs you would use a 2 1/4" T on the straights so they can fold up. Think of them as sort of like the old, when we were young pitching backstops. That's how it would look.

Im not sure if I still have pics of what I gave to Chris but maybe he will see this and chime in.

JR

My issue with the framing is how the actual tree is mounted to the frame.   That's where I'm drawing the blank.  And if I have to cut the frame to fit.  Well, that will be a no go for me.   I've tried making frames before and I can't cut a straight line to save my backside.  Not even with a jig, I still end up with the cut angled. ugh.

I am trying to find the easiest way possible to mount these without having to try and actually "build something for them".  Not sure if that's even going to be possible.  But my carpentry skills are ZERO. 

I wish my father were still alive, he'd have the framing and mounting figured out in no time.   Not familiar with the pitching backstop.  I am not, nor have I ever been, a sports fan, so not even sure what you're talking about on this one.   I just don't care for sports, never watch them with the exception of perhaps a stock car race once in a while.

I'm just in need of a blank sequence with the channel line up for the LOR trees mouth, eyes and outline so I know how many channels are needed and how they are set up to make it work in the SE.  That's all I'm looking for at the moment.   That way I know how to go about adding them to my existing sequences so I can be ready when they do come.   Don't really need an active sequence, just a dummy with the channel assignments.

Edited by Orville
correct words, take out extra letters.