Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights not working

Sanman

Hello all I am sequencing a song and parts of my song the lights work and parts dont they are the traditional lights they were working before now when it goes over the note the lights dont come on please help the controller is fine if works with other songs the mp3 is fine not sure what is going on

Edited by Sanman

Are these very fast timings, like 0.05s or less. Sometimes the Sequencer can't keep up particularly on a slower machine. It has a lot to do playing the sequence in Sequencer  in real time. Try creating a show player file with just the one song and see if it plays in the show player. If it does, no worries.

It could also be due to some  app or process running in the background

If you still have issues it would help us if we knew what lights, how, many channels and what controllers you have

Real time A/V scans can kick in anytime a file has been opened. A/V products update daily, so you never know when the scan rules change.

IMHO Scan all your LOR music ,,,files, then move them to a folder (I keep show music in the sequence folder near the sequence)

Then whitelist that folder (exclude it from real time scans ONLY. Manual/scheduled scans DO still check)

Is it possible if I put an effect in that particular time slot dont like that effect put another one on top of it dont clearer delete them will it not work

Are we talking about pixels and motion rows, or AC lights and regular channels. If you are not on an enhanced network, you can't use motion rows for regular lights and Sequencer should warn you about that. 

Generally speaking adding an effect on top of an existing effect is fine. You need to tell us more about your setup.