Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Preview import from S4

jwblazek

So, decided this would be an opportune time to switch from S4 to S5. I have S4 & S5 Pro, opened a S4 sequence in S5 ,opened the visualizer file from S4, seems to have worked (no errors) but when I platy a sequence, much of the preview is missing. Additionally, the preview that is displayed is distorted, scrunched in "Y" and expanded in X

If I go to the Preview TAB on the right, it seems to open and display properly. Are their ZOOM or scaling I can do to the S5 display screen to show the full visualizer?

Running 5.4.2 PRO

thanks !

John

19 hours ago, jwblazek said:

So, decided this would be an opportune time to switch from S4 to S5. I have S4 & S5 Pro, opened a S4 sequence in S5 ,opened the visualizer file from S4, seems to have worked (no errors) but when I platy a sequence, much of the preview is missing. Additionally, the preview that is displayed is distorted, scrunched in "Y" and expanded in X

If I go to the Preview TAB on the right, it seems to open and display properly. Are their ZOOM or scaling I can do to the S5 display screen to show the full visualizer?

Running 5.4.2 PRO

thanks !

John

Hopefully the video from @default gets you up and running.

However, I would like a file so that we can get the code in the Sequencer corrected. Were you using the Pixel Editor in S4, and that is the part that is not scaled correctly? Or is this a preview you created by importing a file from the S4 Visualizer (.LEE file)?

Matt

Thanks Alan, that sure was easy!! However, it exposed another issue for me. The first sequence I am working on is one of mine from 2019 which had several SS props sequenced. Works great in S4 but I do not see the sequence information in S5 nor does it playback. What step am I missing here?

Matt

The info Alan provided worked great. I have things to learn yet I guess in the old visualizer. Only a handful of props were highlighted blue but I circumvented that by hitting Ctrl A which then highlighted them blue and I was able to move them.

I was using Superstar in S4, not PE. The file I created was in visualizer, a .lee file, attached here. None of the SS sequencing was brought over to the S5 sequence when I opened it unless I am missing something, quite possible, a real newbie in S5