Light-O-Rama Forums

Contest

Freebirdnflorida

This year it changes to a computer drawing, the entries were not individually looked at.

You would have probably known by now.

Some of us made the honorable mention or whatever they called it and our videos were placed on YouTube.

That was last year with the honorable mentions. It was released around Aug 2019 for the 2018 season.

This year 2019 season started the computer generated winners.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

This year 2019 season started the computer generated winners.

Well, that makes it pretty much worthless.

JR,

Please explain "computer generated winners"  ,just curious how that works ?  Are they using some sort of AI ?

David

So basically its not how good your display is but how quickly their computer can spit it out.  Hmmm Shouldn't have worked so hard to make a great display.

11 hours ago, Freebirdnflorida said:

So basically its not how good your display is but how quickly their computer can spit it out.  Hmmm Shouldn't have worked so hard to make a great display.

I don't know about you but its not about a contest. Its about the children and the good spirit that our shows bring to on lookers.

I believe all of what I said above was in their announcement for the show and or in the rules for entering.

JR

I would like to change the wording of my previous post though. I don't mean to make you think they were not looked at. They were still looked at, they just wasn't judged the same way. A lot of people received honorable mentions and videos posted on youtube so obviously they are being looked at. 

Edited by dibblejr

• 1 month later...

i see the mad grab sale has been announced. Has anyone heard who the contest winner is yet?

This year it is a lucky draw.  We do still view and prep the the videos and once that is complete we make the selection. The selection made using the random function in a windows excel spreadsheet. All entries are assigned a random number. Then all entries are sorted (ascending)  using the random number assigned. The entry at the top of the result of the sort is the winner. We will inform the winner shortly. 

We may go back to a more traditional way of doing the contest this year... 

Dan

I have been paying for a vimeo account for the vids I entered. I assume by now all the vids have been downloaded by you and I can deactivate that account.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Steve

• The topic was locked