Light-O-Rama Forums

Video not showing up in Sequence Editor

picklesolution

Hello LOR Community, 

I am attempting to use a .mp4 video file in my Sequence editor but it doesn't show any video when I hit play. I feel like I may have had this problem in the past but it's been a while since I've used video in a show. 

I can't remember if I need to export my .mp4 in a particular way so that it is LOR friendly. 

Any help here or familiarity with this issue? 

Thanks

I'd like to point you to a link, but after some time searching I couldn't find anything for the video format. Try converting tour video to .wmv and see if that works. Maybe others who are active with projectors have links to help.

I'm pretty sure .avi file format had to be rendered in "uncommpressed" which made the video file huge IMHO, which is why I recommended .wmv

Alan...

Have you set your video preferences in Preferences/Display video.

You also need to check Show Video in the View menu.

I dont use video myself but I did experiment with it some time ago when I was still in S4.. I used an mp4 I had laying around, which worked fine  I know it was an mp4 because it was one of my display video files which I created in Pinacle Studio. I usually encode in h.264 format. There are different flavors of mp4, so it's possible reencoding might help.

• The topic was locked