Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone on here doing this? By the time I get mine back up it'll hopefully be over...

MichRX7

1 hour ago, MichRX7 said:

If I did that, I'd just get a violation from the Manufactured Home Parks' management.   One of my neighbors got a violation for having his Christmas lights up too long.  And they'd give us one if we left them up or put them back up now. :(

Otherwise I'd do it too.

20 minutes ago, Orville said:

If I did that, I'd just get a violation from the Manufactured Home Parks' management.   One of my neighbors got a violation for having his Christmas lights up too long.  And they'd give us one if we left them up or put them back up now. :(

Otherwise I'd do it too.

Same here. Dang OHA!

If I could, I would do it in a heart beat. I would love to see my new config now instead of waiting till the end of Nov.

25 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Same here. Dang OHA!

If I could, I would do it in a heart beat. I would love to see my new config now instead of waiting till the end of Nov.

Got that right.

But I do still get to see mine in action before November.  I usually set up my display indoors, yes a little compact and cramped, but at least I can see how it's almost going to look when it gets outside and spread out. 

They can't say squat with what I do inside, only on the outside, even if they could see it through a window!  That'll show 'em who's da boss!🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, Orville said:

Got that right.

But I do still get to see mine in action before November.  I usually set up my display indoors, yes a little compact and cramped, but at least I can see how it's almost going to look when it gets outside and spread out. 

They can't say squat with what I do inside, only on the outside, even if they could see it through a window!  That'll show 'em who's da boss!🤣🤣🤣

HA! I have the same thing going on inside my house.

I am rebuilding all my props and upgrading the DUMB nodes to Smart.

I have stepped outside to see what it looks like at night and it's pretty neat to watch the color change through the windows. Wonder what my neighbors think as they walk or drive by...

The lights on the roof and eves are still up because I was using them for some controller testing.  And of course the year round landscape lighting is up (but not quite 100% operational at this time).  The Christmas songs generally would not look good with just those lights, and I can't really put the pixel tree back up because it's in the middle of some changes for 2020.  No HOA to deal with for me.

In theory, I could modify some sequences or just create an animation sequence that uses the lights that are there.  Not sure I have that much motivation :)

I am going to put my singing faces up (light bulbs) as I start converting as well as my matrix and roof lights which are up all year anyway. Some of the FB pages I am on have been discussing it and I posted it on my community FB page and we all think its a great idea.

I wont play any holiday specific sequences but have some great new stuff.

JR

2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

HA! I have the same thing going on inside my house.

I am rebuilding all my props and upgrading the DUMB nodes to Smart.

I have stepped outside to see what it looks like at night and it's pretty neat to watch the color change through the windows. Wonder what my neighbors think as they walk or drive by...

Well my neighbors know I do this all year long, sequencing songs and playing with the lights inside to see how things look.   So I'm the "crazy neighborhood light guy". LOL

We don't have an actual HOA, and we've never seen any rules that say you can't have lights on your house year round either.  But this year after Christmas, around the last week of January the park managers were sending out violations for having Christmas lights still on the outside of your house.

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

I am going to put my singing faces up (light bulbs) as I start converting as well as my matrix and roof lights which are up all year anyway. Some of the FB pages I am on have been discussing it and I posted it on my community FB page and we all think its a great idea.

I wont play any holiday specific sequences but have some great new stuff.

JR

I'm actually working on songs {and a lot of them too, both English and Spanish} for my "After Christmas Show for 2020",  The Christmas Themed Characters may or may not be used in that {still thinking about this option}.  Just the RGB lights alone is what I'm thinking along with a few decorations that could possible be used in that set up.

If I had any of those songs finished, I may have put up the RGB Lights on my handicap ramp {where they aren't as noticeable as the roof line of my house} and just played the music with them.  I leave my outdoor speakers connected all year long, that way I can run the 1 channel blank musical sequences and play off-season music when I'm working out in the yard or flower beds.

I have no motivation to do that but would consider maybe doing just my matrix or something. I will give it another week or so to see how this virus thing plays out and then make a decision.

Window frames and trim may have to go up over the weekend.

Does anyone have a suggestion about at least one common song/sequence?

Maybe patriotic?

Edited by ShayneT
Add more details

5 minutes ago, ShayneT said:

Maybe patriotic?

My first one will be Angry American (God Bless the USA) will air tonight. With out my singing faces but they will appear very soon. (converting them all to RGB)

JR

1 hour ago, ebrown1972 said:

I have no motivation to do that but would consider maybe doing just my matrix or something. I will give it another week or so to see how this virus thing plays out and then make a decision.

Well last I read and heard on the local news they {government is} are planning on this for 18 months!😮

So if it really does go that long, you'll have plenty of time!;)

1 hour ago, ShayneT said:

Maybe patriotic?

Well what I'm using is stuff like the late 70's disco music, dance music or high energy techno music. 

Stuff like the Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive", and songs like "Play That Funky Music {Right Boy}", "I Won't Back Down", REM's "Losing My Religion", stuff from Movies and TV soundtracks, Like the full "Tron Legacy Soundtrack" by Daft Punk. 

I can't rattle them all off like many folks can, but even Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall"  is in the works for my After Christmas Show 2020, which all of these could be used pretty much anytime you feel like it during off season times.

Edited by Orville

Orville would you mind sharing any of the ones you mentioned? I bet has some of them....

Here's to lights!

17 minutes ago, ShayneT said:

Orville would you mind sharing any of the ones you mentioned? I bet has some of them....

Here's to lights!

Once I get them sequenced I do plan on sharing them.  many of them are currently in there start up phase, channels, controllers and props set up, but no actual sequencing is done or some are a WIP {Work In Progress} and I've just scratched the surface on getting a few things partially sequenced in them.

If they were completed they'd be up for sharing.   Again, I plan on sharing them once they are done, most are still in their very basic stages of work.

11 hours ago, ShayneT said:

Thanks and stay well - I am counting the days before we can visit the mouse.

Luckily (or not so much) I gave the mouse all my money the last full week of February so we are good for a bit. I see you are in Bradenton. I lived half my life there as my grandparents moved there when I was 7 and my parents were school teachers so we were in Bradenton for Christmas break, spring break and all of summer. After college I lived in Sarasota for a few years before getting pulled back into the black hole that is Michigan. My grandparents lived just blocks from the high school.