Light-O-Rama Forums

New to RGB/Pixels can't get Pixie 8D to work

badgerloco

Am new to RGB Pixels and testing a LOR 16/25 tree with Pixie 8D and can't get lights to work.  I am using S5 pro latest version with Windows 10.  Testing with the free sequence downloaded from LOR website. 

I am using my old RS485B adapter and wondering if that is the problem?  I can test each individual string in the Hardware Utility and lights are working. 

Also just when I get controller set up in Hardware Utility and then go to Control Panel to start a show the networks drops out and I have to refresh to locate unit.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

8 hours ago, badgerloco said:

Am new to RGB Pixels and testing a LOR 16/25 tree with Pixie 8D and can't get lights to work.  I am using S5 pro latest version with Windows 10.  Testing with the free sequence downloaded from LOR website. 

I am using my old RS485B adapter and wondering if that is the problem?  I can test each individual string in the Hardware Utility and lights are working. 

Also just when I get controller set up in Hardware Utility and then go to Control Panel to start a show the networks drops out and I have to refresh to locate unit.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Read and watch the video. S5 and S4 pretty much the same when setting things up and all pixies work the same way.

You should also get a red adapter ASAP.

JR

• 3 weeks later...

You can start by pushing up the speed of your old adapter to above 115K, in the NETWORK CONFIGURATION,  for testing ONLY.

A Pixie8 can gobble a lot of bandwidth depending on the show.

A RED (HS) adapter is needed and run it at 500K minimum.

i have the pixie8 and only the old adapter.  I was able to do testing and sequence testing with that adapter.   I ran the advanced network but at the lowest speed.   For the show, i ran from the director and actually have a red adapter on my shopping list for this year so i can run both my old and new networks from my PC at the same time.v

But i did just remember to get it to work, i had to play with the Network preferences dialog to set the com port i was using to support enhanced so the control panel would recognize it.