Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer

KBK

How exactly does the visualizer work?  I was saying this morning I wish there was a way I could see my set up without having to actually plug in my lights.   I saw this forum and thought hey!!  

Thanks

The Visualizer was prior to S5. In S5 the preview has replaced some of the Visualizer functionality. Yes, you can see a simulation of your display in the Preview window, but you have to create it first by drawing in your layout.

You have to have a preview in S5 because that is where all your controller and channel configs are made.

Put a picture of you house as a background, and draw your light strings and assign them to their controller channels and IDs.

Look in the S5 help file for more on how the various parts of the software suite work, including the Preview window.

http://www.lightorama.com/help/

Look in the software suite section under Sequencer.

I can’t see what software version you are using in my phone but in S4 you also have the animator that is within sequence editor.

The animator is more time consuming to draw than the vis but clearer if you have a matrix or CCR mega tree.

It also loads faster and I use it extensively to review my singing faces sequences when I need to see how certain words or sentences look.

JR

Hey I have just the Basic plus now.   I am not doing any RGB stuff yet just straight lights.    What I was hoping was that I could create a "drawing"  of my layout and import a sequence and see it or someway it would look...

I have the visualizer,  I did a rough sketch as practice but cannot figure out to import a sequence or even if you can do it as I was thinking...geez this stuff is time consuming...Wife already huffing. lol  

KK

If you have an S4 sequence and a good S4 Vis file, you can open the   LMS in S5 and it should prompt yo to import the Vis file. It should then create the new Preview file and convert the sequence to a .LOREDIT file when you save it again.

That preview can then be used for the rest  of your sequences, old or new.

It may not be as clean as starting from scratch, but with relatively few channels it should not be too hard to tidy up.

1 hour ago, KBK said:

Hey I have just the Basic plus now.   I am not doing any RGB stuff yet just straight lights.    What I was hoping was that I could create a "drawing"  of my layout and import a sequence and see it or someway it would look...

I have the visualizer,  I did a rough sketch as practice but cannot figure out to import a sequence or even if you can do it as I was thinking...geez this stuff is time consuming...Wife already huffing. lol  

KK

If using S4

You can practice by using the help menu and search for the visualization and follow the step by steps. That is a I learned. If you do not skip a step it is a great start.

However a quick ref.

You day you are using a sketch not sure why you are not using a picture of your home and yard or whatever you are lighting.

1- open the vis

2- new

3- use image . If it is to large it will prompt you and you will have to edit the pic down with some tools. It’s free on the www.

4- once you have your picture in the system it will ask you to name your vis

4- there are wizards - draw lights strings Ect. Pretty simple just remember ea  h single click will create a light string. 

5- assign the lights strings to the unit I’d and channels per your display/ sequence.

Once every thing is assigned correctly you will see your lights light up as you play your sequence.

To do this use the File/ simulation mode and another screen will appear. Just play around with it and youll get the hang of it.

i find it beneficial to save the vis file EVERYTIME I open it. Changes or not. It’s one click. Sometimes they have disappeared. I learned that the hard way. 

Id start with just playing with one item, say your roof outline. You can add to your vis once you understand how it comes together.

Save your work.

If you need help shoot me a pm- I have built a lot of vis files for people. A lot.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

You guys rock!   My plan was to take a picture of my house/yard today and import in.    I just started last night so that is really why I was playing with a sketch.   I will try all this info!  

Thank you guys for your help.  I really appreciate it.  

9 minutes ago, KBK said:

You guys rock!   My plan was to take a picture of my house/yard today and import in.    I just started last night so that is really why I was playing with a sketch.   I will try all this info!  

Thank you guys for your help.  I really appreciate it.  

Here is one of my rough vis files missing a few props. This was one I was working on to import in to S5.

Dont mind all the children in the background it was a crowded house that night.

https://vimeo.com/395496366

Edited by dibblejr

17 minutes ago, KBK said:

I went to watch it and it says it was unavailable. 

Hmm works on my end. Let me re upload

2 hours ago, KBK said:

I went to watch it and it says it was unavailable. 

See if it works now. My debit card expired and they couldn’t auto pay the bill. LOL

They just emailed after I hit renew and said it should be back as usual.

JR

I hear ya.   It just says sorry can't find page.   I am home now on the system and when I hit the Simulation mode I get a big gray screen that comes up...at the bottom It says "play sim/  stop/sim "    I hit play but I get nothing.   It just stays a big gray screen. lol   What am I missing? 

Just now, KBK said:

I hear ya.   It just says sorry can't find page.   I am home now on the system and when I hit the Simulation mode I get a big gray screen that comes up...at the bottom It says "play sim/  stop/sim "    I hit play but I get nothing.   It just stays a big gray screen. lol   What am I missing? 

Go back to the original large screen. At the top right is a bar for brightness , turn it down and see if that works.

Remember the sequence and vis must match the unit IDs and channels.

Heres a new link to same vis

I can probably make you a quick vis if you are not overly complicated.

Just need unit IDs and your drawing or list of what you may want along with house pic.

PM me if you need the help and I will shoot you my email info.

JR