Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence loading time

Vince4xmas

Should it take 23 seconds to load a sequence in S5 at a file size of 10.2 meg?

Using LOR V5.4.2 Pro.

Just curious.

Only 23 seconds?  I guess I should ask.  Do you mean to get the sequence on the screen or for the spinner in the upper left corner to stop spinning so you can do something?  I just tried it with one of my sequences which is 23MB.  Took about 10 seconds to load and an additional 85 for the spinner to stop.  This was on a blazing fast i7 desktop with 16GB of RAM.

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.4.2
Pro Edition
Copyright 2016-2020 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 441.87

• Haha 1

23 seconds is sometimes what I wait when I make a small change to a motion effect on my Matrix. I never had this problem when my prop previews were on low resolution. Since I changed all my props and prop groups to high resolution the Sequence will take a long time to load the preview. This causes a very long waiting period before the sequence loads completely. On some of my long songs it takes minutes to load. 

3 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

23 seconds is sometimes what I wait when I make a small change to a motion effect on my Matrix. I never had this problem when my prop previews were on low resolution. Since I changed all my props and prop groups to high resolution the Sequence will take a long time to load the preview. This causes a very long waiting period before the sequence loads completely. On some of my long songs it takes minutes to load. 

I have experienced slowness when I update the motion effect row as well. It takes 90 seconds. My matrix that I am testing with is 32x50 and it's a video file that is 3min 24secs long.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32708MB RAM

My drive is a SSD 1TB drive as well so my machine is not slow.

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I am referring to the time it takes to just open a sequence.

I am currently working on a sequence that is 52 megs in size and it opens in a few seconds. I think it takes longer for the LOR splash page to load than it does my sequence.

What are your system specs?

Could be with a ton of motion effects on a lot of props and groups ...........and previews all set to hi-res.

No big deal, just gotta wait.