Light-O-Rama Forums

China Supply Chains

Mr. P

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any disruptions in orders from China. Many vendors are having their pre-sales now and as everyone knows most all led's come from China. The stock market has taken a pounding the last few days due to Coronavirus interrupting the supply chains.

Even without the virus impact, much of China is closed for business during most of February due to Chinese New years celebrations. I suspect the delays will be felt soon. 

I have several items on order, and am mildly curious as to when they might appear.

Apple can't get its new Iphone out and I heard that Foxconn had repurposed its plants to make surgical masks for the crisis. Now that's what I call manufacturing agility.

I'll have 10 Made in China 5VDC RGB Light Strands and a side of Coronavirus will be added at no extra charge.😮🤨 

Sorry, just couldn't resist it, the temptation was wide open.🤪🥴:D

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

My wife works for the CDC, she gets a daily brief on this thing.

Is there an ETA when we will all die? I need to plan my biggest light show prior to that.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Just for the record.

Covid 19 does not survive on inanimate surfaces for more than a few hours.

Light strands are alive I tell you, they ARE ALIVE!😮😛🤣

Although sometimes when we think something can't survive on an inanimate or non-living thing, we get a surprise and find out it can, sometimes a tad too late too! Yikes!

2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Is there an ETA when we will all die? I need to plan my biggest light show prior to that.

Shouldn't that be an ETD?🤔😀  Better start planning and getting that final magnanimous display up, it can come at anytime and many times without warning!

• 3 weeks later...

The factory I get all of my stuff from directly sent me an update that they are 99% back up and running. That was last week message. I should be getting my custom pixels very soon, however they will sit outside for quite a while after being sprayed. LOL

They sent the original "closing" email in January.

JR

• The topic was locked