Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer gets out of sync with music

taybrynn

I kept wondering why it would be out of sync when i started the song half way through. I figured I just had to start the music from the beginning. LOL. Talk about getting sick of songs that way. Update for you. I tried the mp3 128 and 256 and they both seem to be messing up when I jump around in the song. So what I tried was the wav file and it worked great for editing the sequence and jumping around. So my thought is use the wav for editing the music and when you are done switch to mp3. I would think it would all still be lined up from the beginning. To me it fells like the LOR2 cant hit the exact place on the mp3 or alot of peoples pc's are slow. I have been using a vista laptop. I will have to try this on my desktop using xp to see if it has a different result Thanks, Brian.

I came back to my laptop later and tried it again with the mp3 128 bit and it worked. Jumped around to different parts of the song with no issues. Crazy.

JerryBSmith wrote:

I have the same problem in the Sequence Editor with music (mp3). If I start the sequence at the beginning each time no problem. If I select any other play range other than Full Sequence the music and action no longer match. If I make changes when it is out of sync then it can destroy the timing in the entire file if it is saved. Very time consuming to program a sequence if you have to start at the beginning each time!!

had the same problem with mp3 and to make it a wav. file to work

http://www.mp3towav.net/

Jeff

Mine isn't out of sync really, but since I am using video. In some parts where I have fast chases it seems to not catch up so I can not see the animation of the effect I am trying to do. Anyone else have that too?

• 3 years later...

Interesting. I am trying to begin my 2nd sequence, and I have had this problem come up on me. I see it on the Sequence Editor. If I start the song from the beginning, it looks synced up, but If I start a playback within the song, it is about 1 second offset. I had to convert my music from a M4A (MPEG4 from iTunes) file to MP3, so maybe the converter used VBR. I will try WAV and report back. It would be nice if music sourced from iTunes was supported natively.

• 8 months later...

Ok, So far, I have about 6 songs sequenced and here is what I have learned. LOR doesn't always start MP3 audio with the correct timing, when starting from somewhere other than the beginning of the song. With that, I use Audacity to save all of my MP3 Files to WAV format for my general editing. Once I am happy ith the sequence, I will set it back to MP3 and everything plays fine.

Ok, So far, I have about 6 songs sequenced and here is what I have learned. LOR doesn't always start MP3 audio with the correct timing, when starting from somewhere other than the beginning of the song.

Actually, that's incorrect. If your MP3 file is the recommended 128 CBR it works just fine from wherever you start it in the Sequence Editor. If your MP3 is VBR, or higher than 128, strange things are possible.

But you're correct in that the file will play just fine if started from the beginning (and in the show player as well). Your method of converting to and then back from .wav is favored by quite a few.

• 1 month later...