Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Bug??

gsmith37064

@MattBrown

After upgrading to 5.4.0, I can no longer access the DMX universes of my network preferences under the red light bulb. When I click on a DMX universe, it closes out network preferences.

I cannot add or modify my universes or controllers now.

33 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Mine's working fine. just tried it,

Have you rebooted.

Mine worked fine before the upgrade as I was setting up my new controllers. Today I was helping JR set his up and tried to open. This was the first time I tried in 5.4.0.

I can change the LOR settings though. Just not the DMX side... very strange.

Yes I rebooted several times.

Guess I need to get the LOR uninstall cleaner and give it another go. I sort of need the network preferences.

Edited by gsmith37064

@MattBrown

When I click on the simple mode button now, I get this error.

============================================================

LORNetworkConfig

Run-time '-2147417848 *80010108)':

Automation error

The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

=============================================================

No idea what this means and never got it before.

Edited by gsmith37064

Ok... I unchecked the enhanced mode from the LOR tab of the network preferences and I am now able to access my DMX settings.

My LOR settings are Regular network on Com 4 Speed 500.0K I enabled Enhanced while trying to figure out how to load another members sequence.

I can reproduce this every time now.

Greg, you seem to have a talent at finding some of the most odd errors...  I can not duplicate your error.  In fact about an hour ago I added four universes to my sequencing computer so I could test a new configuration for the lights on the roof and eves.  Normally the regular network is non-enhanced, but AuxA and AuxB are enhanced.  I even tried setting the Regular network to Enhanced and it made no difference.

S5.4.0_NetworkPreferences-1.png

S5.4.0_NetworkPreferences-2.png

I never had issues like this with S4. But I have been in QA for a while and testing is what I do. I am removing all the LOR controllers so this should not be much of an issue. The only reason I found it was because I was trying to test out another member's sequence that uses an enhanced network. I am not sure why it's complaining about it, but it is.

19 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

@MattBrown

When I click on the simple mode button now, I get this error.

============================================================

LORNetworkConfig

Run-time '-2147417848 *80010108)':

Automation error

The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

=============================================================

No idea what this means and never got it before.

This indicates that there is a problem with your installation!

1) Reboot your computer. After the reboot, make sure no LOR software is running. In particular, if the LOR Control Panel is set to load on computer startup, you will need to right-click on the light bulb icon in the system tray, then select "Unload Light-O-Rama".

2) Uninstall the current version. In Windows 10, this is done from Settings > Apps. In prior versions, go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

3) Use the LOR Registry Wipe utility. Available here: http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.4.0/LORRegistryWipe.exe

4) If needed, download the software installation file at http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/. Look for your version of software. The latest is at the top of the page. If you have trouble with the download, try using the 'Alternative Download' button.

5) Reboot the computer again and make sure you're logged in with the administrator privileges. Find the file you downloaded above and run it. Follow the prompts. When the installation is complete, run your tests and you should be good to go.

Matt., a question about Regwipe , if I may.

How specific is the Regwipe utility to S5 (or S4) software version. I have various copies collected over the years. 

I assume one should always use the version for your current version of the software. Is the latest Regwipe backwards compatible with earlier versions? 

Thanks, 

Phil

12 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Matt., a question about Regwipe , if I may.

How specific is the Regwipe utility to S5 (or S4) software version. I have various copies collected over the years. 

I assume one should always use the version for your current version of the software. Is the latest Regwipe backwards compatible with earlier versions? 

Thanks, 

Phil

It is not specific, i.e. can be used on any version of S4 or S5. Versions since August 2019 also offer the option to delete any files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama" that may have been left after an uninstall.

Matt