Light-O-Rama Forums

Motion Effects Rows

gsmith37064

I am not sure how to word this so here goes...

I have a singing tree that say uses 80 pixels total for the eyes. 18 pixels for the bottom eye and 62 pixels for the top eye.

I know I can assign a motion effect to all 80 nodes, but can I break it down and assign a motion effect to just pixel nodes 1-18 (bottom eye) of the 80? Or do I need to create a new prop? 1 prop for the upper eyes and 1 prop for the bottom eyes?

Edited by gsmith37064

48 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

I am not sure how to word this so here goes...

I have a singing tree that say uses 80 pixels total for the eyes. 18 pixels for the bottom eye and 62 pixels for the top eye.

I know I can assign a motion effect to all 80 nodes, but can I break it down and assign a motion effect to just pixel nodes 1-18 (bottom eye) of the 80? Or do I need to create a new prop? 1 prop for the upper eyes and 1 prop for the bottom eyes?

Open your sequence, right click on the prop,(on left hand side of sequence) click add or modify motion effects. When the box comes up click add and then under subsection click custom. At this point you will be able to choose which pixels you want to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

Open your sequence, right click on the prop,(on left hand side of sequence) click add or modify motion effects. When the box comes up click add and then under subsection click custom. At this point you will be able to choose which pixels you want to use.

Awesome. Worked like a charm. I was worried that I may have to redo the singing trees again.

Now I need to spend a weekend playing with the trees and seeing what I can come up with.

Thanks again!!