Light-O-Rama Forums
roha0612

Pixie16 & E1.31

I am thinking of expanding my lights next year. I am concerned my total pixel count will be too much for the Enhanced LOR network settings. If I am reading everything correctly online Enhanced is good for 2000-3000 pixels. Can someone confirm if I am going over 3000 pixels I should go to E1.31 communication?

In the pixie's manual there is mention of a PixieLink Adapter. I have found the data sheet for the adapter but cannot find where to buy it. Does Lightorama sell it yet? Will this adapter enable E1.31? Or will it be a Lightorama specific and how many pixels will it allow.

I love the price point of the Pixie controllers but I may need to start looking into PixCon's. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. 

Yeah, sounds like be running out of network.  I have never heard of the PixieLink, so nothing there.  However it's not a big deal to add another LOR network - although that depends on how you are running your show.  If you are running from a PC, simply add another USB adapter and put your new Pixie on a new ELOR network.  If you are running from a director, it's easier to run out of networks - but there are ways...

Thanks for the response Jim.

I am using a laptop to run the show. I am running 2 networks already from it, one for 120V controllers and one for 3 Pixie Controllers. This has my USB's maxed unless I use a USB Hub. I am not sure if that is possible.

Does anyone know if Pixie Controllers (specifically Pixie16) can run on E1.31?

56 minutes ago, roha0612 said:

Thanks for the response Jim.

I am using a laptop to run the show. I am running 2 networks already from it, one for 120V controllers and one for 3 Pixie Controllers. This has my USB's maxed unless I use a USB Hub. I am not sure if that is possible.

Answer - NO

Just create multiple networks

The pixielync was sup to be introduced last Expo (2019) if I recall. I haven't heard anything new on it yet.

JR

58 minutes ago, roha0612 said:

No, they can not.  They are LOR network only.

2 hours ago, roha0612 said:

I am thinking of expanding my lights next year. I am concerned my total pixel count will be too much for the Enhanced LOR network settings. If I am reading everything correctly online Enhanced is good for 2000-3000 pixels. Can someone confirm if I am going over 3000 pixels I should go to E1.31 communication?

In the pixie's manual there is mention of a PixieLink Adapter. I have found the data sheet for the adapter but cannot find where to buy it. Does Lightorama sell it yet? Will this adapter enable E1.31? Or will it be a Lightorama specific and how many pixels will it allow.

I love the price point of the Pixie controllers but I may need to start looking into PixCon's. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. 

You create new networks, and add the controllers to the networks as needed. If you have 3000 pixels you can PI or you can use 1 pixie16 on an Aux network like AuxA for 1500 pixels. Then create auxB and run a new pixie with the other 1500, problem solved.

Uou can have many ELOR networks, trust me, you wont run out.

And yes you can run a USB hub. I use 2 Blackweb 7 port hubs to run my networks. I get them from Walmart for availability but Amazon is probably cheaper.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Here is the subject about the pixielink when it first came to light