Light-O-Rama Forums

Music

mharr77

LOR store sequences list the required (what was used  to create the sequence) It shows under the Add to cart. eg

Duration (min:sec):3:03

Base Sequence Configuration:68 channels and 32 pixels

Amazon ASIN:B00KAYYSW2

Other (shared) should be able to tell you what Son or Album they used

I've used CDBaby, Itunes a few times here and there, I've also used my own CD's and used Windows Media Player to RIP the CD's to MP3 format to my computer, just remember BEFORE you start the conversion to go through the CD Track List and RENAME the "track 1" file to the actual song name, then when the conversion is done, the correct names will be listed.   Been using Windows Media Player to do this LONG before some of these other software programs came about.

I have also found an MP3 site that lists FREE MP3 downloads called MP3Paw, and I have also used Atube Catcher {a free program} to download music from YouTube if that's the ONLY place I can find something that's no longer for sale anywhere, out of production/discontinued for example.  Atube catcher can also convert video formats, as well as music formats.  It's a very nice program and I've been using it for quite a few years now.

You'll also need a program to edit the music files like Audacity or any music editor to be able to shorten or edit out explicit lyric content that may not be family friendly for use in a Public Display.

I know there are still other music sites out there that sell music, but these are the only ones I know and have used.

Edited by Orville

Most of the songs I use I already had on CD, and I had ripped them to mp3 files years ago.  The other couple came from Amazon.

I have several cd's but do not know how to get them 'Ripped' .  I have audadity and windows media player.  Any instructions would be helpful.

Michael Harrington

mharr77@gmail.com

As I recall, both of those will rip the CDs, but I'm on my phone on a train so I can't give you specifics at this time.

2 hours ago, mharr77 said:

I have several cd's but do not know how to get them 'Ripped' .  I have audadity and windows media player.  Any instructions would be helpful.

Michael Harrington

mharr77@gmail.com

I believe RIP is on the menubar on Media Player  (it looks like a disc next to the title.

Remember to configure yor RIP settings (right click the art: more options)

2 hours ago, mharr77 said:

Michael Harrington

mharr77@gmail.com

Put CD in drive, open audacity, Import after you see the wav file select file, export audio save to whatever format.

Note - you must have LAME installed as well.

JR

FYI. The latest version of Audacity has lame built in. The Software patent expired and it is now included!!! It works great!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mharr77 said:

Michael Harrington

mharr77@gmail.com

Open Windows Media Player

There will be an option {button} that says "Organize" on the button, click on the little down arrow.

A window will open with a list, select the one called Options.

A window will open wih a lot of tabs on it, select the one that says Rip Music.

Another window will open, this is where you will set the Directory where you want the music saved too, you will also set the file format you wish to save the music format MP3, WMA, WAV, {I always use MP3}, you use the slider at the bottom of this window to choose the bit rate quality, 128K, 192K, 256K or 320K.  Slide it to the  bit rate you wish to use. {I use 192K in most cases}.

Click Apply for all changes to take effect.

Now insert an Audio CD you wish to Rip.  Wait for CD to load, you'll see a track list and chances are the 1st track will start playing.  Click the STOP button.

You should see a Rip CD tab at the top of the screen {it may be greyed out}, if it is, click in the box in the Album tab {it'll be to the right of the word Album}, this should check all boxes.

The Rip CD tab should become active, now at this point you have 2 options, go through and rename all the "Track #" files to the actual song name on the CD song list or you can do this after the Rip.  Choice is yours here.

Once all the tracks boxes are checked {or you can just check only those you want to Rip}, again, your preference.

Now just click the Rip CD tab and the WMP will automatically Rip the CD to the Directory you chose for it.

Some additional notes, I change the Directory where I rip my CD's too, I will usually have a root folder called \Ripped CD Music, and the sub-folders names would be the name of the CD I am ripping the music from.  Example, I have a CD called "A Child Is Born", so I would change the directory to "x:\Ripped CD Music\A Child Is Born", where x is the drive you choose to save too.  This can be an SD Card, External Hard drive or Internal HD, Flash Drive or a Memory Stick.  Just make sure there's enough space on SD Cards, Memory Sticks or Flash Drives to rip the music to it.

And now you've ripped the music from your CD for use with your sequencing software.  It's really quite easy, and once you've done it a couple of times, you'll get the hang of it.

This is how I rip all my CD's I get.

Have fun with your new knowledge.

BTW: there is an option you can choose to Rip CD's automatically when inserted.  But this would overwrite any previous CD tracks if the songs are not renamed first, so I do not recommend this option.  Better to set up the correct directory and rename the files, then you won't be accidentally wiping out CD's you've already ripped.   Just the way I do it and it's been working great for me for years using the Windows Media Player to rip my CD's to MP3 format.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked