Light-O-Rama Forums

I used the create a new prop using a built-in shape inside the Preview Design.

I select RGB and Custom for the shape.

How can you add another universe to it? I only see the 1 universe that it allows.

Universe 41 is 96 pixels

Universe 42 is 96 pixels

Universe 43 is 16 pixels

Is there a way to do this with the custom shape? I also tried the advanced shape but it did not allow me to add more than 1 universe as well.

Custom shapes take some explaining.  Each row in the channel layout is derived from the pixel number in the Advanced Buffer Layout.  Here is a screen capture of part of my eves which is currently done as a custom layout.  I have expanded a few of the columns in the layout so you can see all of the number.  Starting in the Advanced Buffer Layout, line 4, box A is pixel 1.  Moving right to box 4R is pixel 18.  Those are row 1 of the channel assignments.  Any pixel number between 1 & 999 will be in channel row 1.  Now moving up to Advanced Buffer Layout row 3, you see pixels 1001 - 1018.  Those are row 2 of the channel assignments.  Any pixel number between 1001 & 1999 will be in channel row 2.  My eves have 12 segments as far as this is concerned (ignore row 13 for the moment).  If you expand the boxes so all the numbers are visible, you would see pixel numbers in each thousand group up thorough 11,xxx (the 12th row in the channel assignments).

For the purposes of this demo, I added pixel 12001 in box 1Q.  As soon as I hit save, a 13th row was added to the channel assignments box.  I did not enter a valid (non duplicated) channel in the channel assignments box since that of course will be deleted.

Gsmith_custom-shape-1.png

And this is what it looks like in the Preview:

Gsmith_custom-shape-2.png

Make sense?

@k6ccc

I can see in your pictures that you can have more that 1 universe in a custom prop. I am excited to see this.

Unfortunately I am trying to understand your logic but I still can't figure out how to start the 2nd universe.

Are you saying rows 1 to 4 are the universe rows? I have 25 rows in use on my custom prop but only 1 universe is listed. How does the other universe come into play? I would have thought it would have known when the pixel count started at 1 again.

Edited by gsmith37064

@k6ccc

Thanks for the quick session Jim. Just built my spinner as a custom 1 prop and it works perfectly. The motion effect applies evenly now and looks really neat.

That is 1 more thing off my list. I may have hair left on my head after all.