Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy Paste runs out of memory

gsmith37064

So I have a simple 16 universe pixel tree sequence that I normally just select all rows, copy them,  then delete it, and re-paste the copied channels back in a couple spaces over to line it back up with the music.

Now I get this error...

==================================================================================================

Clipboard

A problem occurred while reading the clipboard 'std clipboard':

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

===================================================================================================

In S4, it copied just fine.

I have 32gigs of memory in this machine and I know LOR is a 32bit app and will not use all my memory, but dang...

Rebooted my Win10 v1803 machine and tried again. Same error.

I then deleted the current pixel tree sequence from my sequence and saved it. Closed it down and reopened it. I then opened up the 16CCR tree from Holiday Sequences and did a copy and paste. Same error.

Even tried to do just 1 universe. Same error.

Edited by gsmith37064

Okay, got it figured out and it's really stupid on LOR's part.

If you have your channels in a group, you cannot copy or paste to or from them. You MUST expand the channels then copy. Make sure to expand the channels on your sequence as well and then paste it in.

Why you cannot paste at the group level anymore like in S4 is beyond me...

I would tend to think that most of us use groups to hide the channel count. I don't care to see 800 channels of my pixel tree. So you great a group and put them in there. Close the group and you see only 1 row instead of 800.

Now on top of that, I have each universe of my tree in it's own group to break it down even more. I can expand the top level group and see the 16 universes under it. I can then click on a universe group and it expands the 50 pixels under it.

Nice and clean. So why oh why can't I copy and paste like this anymore?

I am done bitching for the day. Wrapping it up and going to enjoy something fun that I know works... 16oz curls.

Edited by gsmith37064