Light-O-Rama Forums

PDF manual for S5? Reading Material S5?

James Hill

Hello light freeks!

I finally upgraded my software...I was running S3.10.14 Advanced and now I have S5.3.14 Advanced. I have all my props drawn and channels set. Loaded old sequences and resaved them to the new extension format and all plays in preview. Everything looks so new. Right now I am only using dumb nodes but thinking of making the jump into smart nodes. I am going on vacation soon and wondering if there is anything I can download to start reading. I hear there is a big learning curve and perhaps some reading will give me a jump for when I get back from vacation. Anything I should know...look at...looking forward to learning something new. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The entire Help is available as a PDF or EPUB at http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/ (Scroll down a bit - there is a table with all the versions and formats)

I sat down and read the whole thing last summer (for the current version of S5 at that time) and I found it very helpful.  It can be a little odd in that it is the same material as the built-in help in the program, so the order of pages is occasionally a little weird for reading straight through, but it isn't difficult to jump around a little as needed.  I have kept it on my eReader and often pull it up when I am trying to work my way through something new.

• Thanks 1