Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D's for sale

gsmith37064

I have 6 of the CMB24D for sale.

Case, power supply, board, and 8 pigtails. I believe they are the HC style pigtails but not 100% for sure.

I have used them for 4 seasons without issue and now I am upgrading to smart controllers.

Once I upgrade my house, I will have a 7th one.

Looking at $125 a pop. This includes shipping to the states. I can email pictures if needed.

Can you post pictures here?    What case and what power supply?  Is there a heat sink?  Did you assemble yourself? 

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Can you post pictures here?    What case and what power supply?  Is there a heat sink?  Did you assemble yourself? 

Bob, he's got some nice stuff, well put together. I've seen it in person its been a while though but he's a great guy, trustworthy.

JR

10 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

PM me your email and I send them over. They are to big to post on here for some reason.

The case is from Holidaycoro and it's the CG-1500. The power supply is from LOR. It's the 12v 200 watt power supply. No heat sink.

The first 3 controllers, I ran my RGB faces off of. The next 2 ran my door columns and the last 2 ran my house and mini trees.

The last 2 are in a waterproof toolbox that I made for it's a case. It has a 2 each of the HC 350watt or 400watt power supplies in it. One for each board. I would need to open it up and verify the actual size. I also installed the light connector plugs into the front of the toolbox so I would not have to open it up. Just plug your lights into the front connectors of the toolbox. There are 16 plugs mounted into the front of the toolbox. I can send pictures of this as well. It's a pretty neat setup and was the route I was going before moving to all smart pixels.

I do have another CG-1500 and power supply that I can mount one of those in.

Yes I put them together myself.

I will do a video tonight after work and post it. That seems to be the easiest way instead of trying to upload the pictures. Why such a small size for pictures, I don't know...

Edited by gsmith37064

• 3 weeks later...

Down to 5.

The 5 remaining controllers have the board, power supply, CG1500 case, and 8 pigtail connectors. Complete kit and in perfect condition .

Upgraded to smart pixels and no longer need them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will buy 1. 

If you have one with the holiday CORO box

left, that would be nice. I will be using it for  singing elements also. 

weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com

Can I piggyback the Ethernet with a 16ac controller or a pixie 8? Or will I need another 485 adapter?

6 minutes ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

Can I piggyback the Ethernet with a 16ac controller or a pixie 8? Or will I need another 485 adapter?

Yes you can run it off a pixie or an AC controller (G3) however I would suggest a separate NW for singing elements to prevent any lag. NW's are easy to add. Always but the red adapters. They are backwards compatible and work with all things LOR.

JR

35 minutes ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

Okay. Thanks! I’ll order another. 

You can also run them in DMX mode , in that case you wouldn't need an adapter (I believe) gsmith37064 may be able to verify. I have never used a cmb.

JR

5 hours ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

I'm going to nit-pick a little.  Please do not call it Ethernet.  It is RS-485 and NOT Ethernet.  Yes, both are using the same 8P8C (commonly referred to incorrectly as RJ-45) connectors, but they are a different signal and not compatible.

Although you likely knew that, there are newbees that dot and will try to plug their LOR network into an Ethernet switch.  Under the wrong set of circumstances, that can cause the magic smoke to come out.

okay. You are correct. I consider myself a newbie... I don’t wanna have 50k Channels of AC controllers then it be too late to switch over to pixels. I have a small house and a small front yard. I may as well go pixels. My first year I used 16/32 channels for Halloween and Christmas. Now it’s time to go big.... this year, animated character, and house outline and possibly the arches on my 16 channels if I have time..... next year will be a mega tree.... but very sorry , you are correct.

13 hours ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

Please Say CAT5 (cable) not Ethernet.

LOR Network is Not Ethernet and can not be plugged into your router/switch (only the Pixcon can do Ethernet). Magic smoke can and probably, will escape

CMB24 behaves like your (Gen3) AC controllers and daisy chains just fine with them. If you have older, Gen2. you can't run the speed up past 115K or do enhanced mode on that network.

The CMB24 can share with a Pixie4 (technically 8 and 16. But...)  you can swamp the network with lots complex changes.

13 hours ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

okay. You are correct. I consider myself a newbie... I don’t wanna have 50k Channels of AC controllers then it be too late to switch over to pixels. I have a small house and a small front yard. I may as well go pixels. My first year I used 16/32 channels for Halloween and Christmas. Now it’s time to go big.... this year, animated character, and house outline and possibly the arches on my 16 channels if I have time..... next year will be a mega tree.... but very sorry , you are correct.

Simpy put, yes. 

JR

• The topic was locked