Light-O-Rama Forums

50 amp power supply

sysco

A Vid? This is simple. (The safe mounting of PSU's is the tricky part)  how many Plus terminals does your new 50A PS have  (I will assume the same for Minus)? 

A Pixie16 does not have a BUS fuse, so I would recommend you use an 30A Inline Automotive fuse for EACH bus. https://smile.amazon.com/HUIQIAODS-Holder-Wiring-Harness-Standard/dp/B07JPYHZS8/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1IO5Z8BKJMVQ0&keywords=30amp+inline+fuse&qid=1579364505&s=automotive&sprefix=30A%2Caps%2C201&sr=1-7  Does not include fuses. Most Automotive stores will have something similar. IMHO don't use the smaller fuse size version, you will get more voltage drop.

You just put 1 of these inline from the Plus of the PSU to the Plus of a Bank. Minus is un fused, so just use #12 or 10 wire.  Use Lugs if screw  terminals   (some Pixie8's have clamping terminals)

On 1/17/2020 at 5:32 PM, sysco said:

Any videos  or directions on how to hook up one 50 amp power supply to a pixie 16 for both banks  thank you Blair 

I have a picture of my first matrix build using 2 psus in a pixie16. I will link it as soon as I find it.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I have a picture of my first matrix build using 2 psus in a pixie16. I will link it as soon as I find it.

JR

Thank you would be helpful  the pixie 16 is a lor board 

7 hours ago, TheDucks said:

A Vid? This is simple. (The safe mounting of PSU's is the tricky part)  how many Plus terminals does your new 50A PS have  (I will assume the same for Minus)? 

A Pixie16 does not have a BUS fuse, so I would recommend you use an 30A Inline Automotive fuse for EACH bus. https://smile.amazon.com/HUIQIAODS-Holder-Wiring-Harness-Standard/dp/B07JPYHZS8/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1IO5Z8BKJMVQ0&keywords=30amp+inline+fuse&qid=1579364505&s=automotive&sprefix=30A%2Caps%2C201&sr=1-7  Does not include fuses. Most Automotive stores will have something similar. IMHO don't use the smaller fuse size version, you will get more voltage drop.

You just put 1 of these inline from the Plus of the PSU to the Plus of a Bank. Minus is un fused, so just use #12 or 10 wire.  Use Lugs if screw  terminals   (some Pixie8's have clamping terminals)

the ducks  thank you for your reply very helpful  

• The topic was locked