Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple Projectors

MichRX7

So, I tried to search on this, but after a few pages of searching multiple projectors it didn't come up. I have seen the video for S4 on using an mp4 as your audio track and projecting to a "second monitor" in windows, but is it possible to send separate video out to multiple projectors? I was thinking of re-creating the singing busts and Madame Leota in a Halloween display this year, and can see how to get the effect done pretty cheap for each item, but it would require two projectors unless they were really close to each other and perfectly setup. That's why I'm wondering if you had a video card with three video outputs like vga, dvi and hdmi could you use the vga for your main monitor and hook a projector up to the dvi and another to the hdmi and send different video out to each projector? Or am I just dreaming away here. 

To me this would be the easiest way, or I guess you could put the video all on one and mirror your monitors (projectors) and do something cheap like partially cover your lenses in different spots to hide the video you didn't want shown from one to the other. But that seems less than optimal and limits what you can do in the videos.