Light-O-Rama Forums
MichRX7

Show times for Halloween

For those of you who are running shows for Halloween, what is your schedule like? We are thinking of a show at my son-in-law's house because he gets a lot of trick-or-treaters (where my house might get 3) since they are in a sub-division. Do you run it nightly the whole month of October? Just a few days?

I was thinking the 2 weeks leading up to Halloween, but wondered what others did. The nice thing is the lights will all be on the house for Christmas.

Edited by MichRX7

I turn on oct 1 I use 37 songs a night every night you will not see the same song I use 350 sequences show goes on at 6.30 intell 9.30 take down day after Halloween start putting up christmas

Wow, @james morris, 37 songs? I don't think I even know 37 Halloween songs. 😂

I bow to the master.

I like to run my Halloween show to get 3 weekends in before October 31st.  Like James, take down starts the next day for Christmas.

When I was doing Halloween I had 67 songs, played every night from October 1 through Oct. 31.  Since the DST stuff got moved, it doesn't get dark here until around/almost 8pm at times, so I usually ran mine from 7:30pm-10pm Sun-Thur and 7:30-11pm Fri/Sat.  Halloween Night it ran until Midnight,

But doing both Halloween and Christmas is now too much for me.   So now it's only Christmas for me, and this year I'm creating an after Christmas show that'll start on the 26th of Dec.

Also for Halloween I had a lot more songs that played in the off hours times as well.   I think had around 300-500 Halloween themed type songs, perhaps even more.  I lost count somewhere around 500.  Do the same for Christmas, but don't think I have up to that many Christmas Songs yet {but I might, haven't counted them lately!}

21:00 was Show OFF time. I need my beauty sleep and I sure don't need monsters at the door after 9. I get Grouchier 😕

The day after is rip out the stuff that does not get used for Christmas and store that.

Next, I adjust placements of some controllers and retrieve Xmas props from storage and start by testing each in a place where repairs are easier ;) before hauling them out to the yard.