Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 port settings

indi

I am adding a 180 degree tree this year and plan to use a Pixie16. Do I set the ports as I did for the old CCP's. (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,OA,OB etc. or just 1 - 16}

Thanks

You set the BASE address only (in HU or switches) This is also Port1 in sequence usage. All the rest inherit the next ID from that. .And remember what Vince said. Count by HEX 👍

If you set a Pixie 16 base to x0 the last port will be xF. IMHO a lot easier to remember when doing sequence port assignments

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

You set the BASE address only (in HU or switches) This is also Port1 in sequence usage. All the rest inherit the next ID from that. .And remember what Vince said. Count by HEX 👍

If you set a Pixie 16 base to x0 the last port will be xF. IMHO a lot easier to remember when doing sequence port assignments

There's really nothing to remember. You add the device in SE. It auto assigns. When naming the device add the unit ID's to the name tab. (if you don't know how to open the devise in the sequence). When you add a new device it only has to be the next unit ID.

I tell this to everyone I help configure so that they will get used to how the unit assignments work. Saves problems later.

Id run out of space if I skipped and names every pixel controller outside of the pre arranged hexadecimal system.

JR

• The topic was locked