Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Motion Effect - Where to get Videos?

Aubrey

Hello,

I'm trying to help someone figure out the best way to add a dancing Santa to their Mega Tree (they've been inspired by the Larson Light Show). They do not have the license for Superstar and want to avoid getting it if possible. I know that I can add a .gif in the "Picture" motion effect and it works, you just can't get rid of the background (usually white), which doesn't look great on my screen. I get the error "Unable to read frames from this file" when I use .avis in the "movie" effect, and the .wmvs have the same issue of the .gif where I can't seem to find one with a transparent background. I know there are places like Video Hive where you can purchase animations, but I want to be sure the videos would work before I tell this person to spend money and buy them. Where do you buy/acquire your videos from for best results on pixel trees?

Thank you!

Mis read the question, below will help you.

Also you need to find the lowest resolution with best quality image.

I google mini gifs while searching for my images and use SS religiously.

You can use paint to create the image size and the google a program to remove the background I use a free online program http://transparent.imageonline.co/

You can have transparent or select a dif background color, it takes seconds.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Hi JR,

Thank you so much for that link! I found the LOR video for how to import a .gif into Superstar (for my own curiousity). Is that how you recommend doing it or is there a better source I can use to learn?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Aubrey said:

Hi JR,

Thank you so much for that link! I found the LOR video for how to import a .gif into Superstar (for my own curiousity). Is that how you recommend doing it or is there a better source I can use to learn?

Thanks!

Its probably easier than the video but would take to long to type. After a few times you will get better at it.

Open SS

Select audio (file menu)

Tools Layout, you will want the CCR mode and fill out the values for whatever you are designing. Once you are finished here it will show as a tree, matrix or whatever you select.

Tools - Images

Top Right import Images, the qty of slices of the image will vary

On left -add

on right - move X,Y functions. This allows you to move the picture where you want iy on your tree/ matrix (this will/ should auto fill after the first one but write the numbers down just in case)

Once you select the X'y, under neath there are two tabs (gridbitmap) select the bottom one, this will add the image to your working screen

Back to the top right - modify

Next bottom left "add effects" input the time for the image to be seen. The best time is 15 seconds. Each slice will be an additional 15 seconds so you will need to adjust that with each slice

Modify

Then repeat the steps until every slice of the image is added.

Im sure if I miss a step someone will chime in. But I believe that's it, I a nutshell.

JR

Of course, once you have the background removed, you can use the Picture motion effect also.

Also, try googling for "christmas stickers gif". "Stickers" often have transparent backgrounds.

Matt

When downloading animated GIFs and using the motions effect I noticed that the speed is always locked, is there any way of adjusting the speed so we can synchronize with the music?

8 hours ago, lanopie said:

When downloading animated GIFs and using the motions effect I noticed that the speed is always locked, is there any way of adjusting the speed so we can synchronize with the music?

I've added your request to allow for adjustment of the speed of GIF animations in picture effects to our Future Enhancements list. Thanks for the feedback!

Matt

19 hours ago, MattBrown said:

I've added your request to allow for adjustment of the speed of GIF animations in picture effects to our Future Enhancements list. Thanks for the feedback!

Matt

Thanks Matt!