Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Cora matrix

kingfish

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the holiday Cora matrix , I plan to buy the pre assembled 47x95 , they should be having sale soon. 
 My question is if you bought it , how happy are you with it, ease to incorporate into lor. 
and black or white background

thanx for any input 

kingfish

2 hours ago, kingfish said:

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the holiday Cora matrix , I plan to buy the pre assembled 47x95 , they should be having sale soon. 
 My question is if you bought it , how happy are you with it, ease to incorporate into lor. 

thanx for any input 

kingfish

I have used their matrix mesh screens. This year I had built a pvc frame for the matrix. I attached their matrix to the fram via screws. I found that the plastic or whatever it is for their matrix, tore easily while moving my matrix. I may need to re-do my matrix because of this and If I do so, I will be using the Boscoyo matrix mesh. The material to me seems much stronger than the holidaycoro matrix. Just my honest opinion. I use Boscoyo mega strips and have never had any that tore and their matrix mesh is made of the same material.

I've never had any issues with the nets myself.  I also built my own that sits on my roof that is 63 x 126 pixels.  I don't have any frame, just some Para-cord rope tied to anchors on the other side that holds it in place.  It is on the roof from the end of September to about the middle of March.  Mine is black for 2 reasons, 1- to blend in with the roof, and 2- mainly because when I bought it there was only black, no clear.  I have a total of 17 Pixel Nets that make up the matrix and I bought all of them through the clearance/off-spec page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmdCNMbMaWQ

51 minutes ago, Little_b said:

I've never had any issues with the nets myself.  I also built my own that sits on my roof that is 63 x 126 pixels.  I don't have any frame, just some Para-cord rope tied to anchors on the other side that holds it in place.  It is on the roof from the end of September to about the middle of March.  Mine is black for 2 reasons, 1- to blend in with the roof, and 2- mainly because when I bought it there was only black, no clear.  I have a total of 17 Pixel Nets that make up the matrix and I bought all of them through the clearance/off-spec page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmdCNMbMaWQ

I like the idea using the paracord. Do you ever have issues with snow covering the matrix since it sits on the roof?

Snow covers it all the time, but you can still see the lights even with 6- 8 inches on it. I dont know how to add a link from my phone, but if you look up Engh-Lights, After the Storm on YouTube it is a quick video after a snow storm. My 2019 videos had about 2-3 inches on it.

https://youtu.be/SfZrZsIlbfI

I think i figured out the link part.

Edited by Little_b

On 1/10/2020 at 11:36 AM, kingfish said:

thanx for any input 

kingfish

my recommendation is Boscoyo Studios, much better product.

17 hours ago, Little_b said:

Snow covers it all the time, but you can still see the lights even with 6- 8 inches on it. I dont know how to add a link from my phone, but if you look up Engh-Lights, After the Storm on YouTube it is a quick video after a snow storm. My 2019 videos had about 2-3 inches on it.

https://youtu.be/SfZrZsIlbfI

I think i figured out the link part.

Nice. I had about 4" on my roof this year and it covered my snowflakes but they showed up nicely now that I think about it

Thanks for input still looking at two of them since I live on corner for two sides same show . Do I need to upgrade any gear for this to work 

is usb485 up to snuff