Light-O-Rama Forums

230W moving head enclosure build

ebrown1972

I will be in the process of building enlcosures for two 230w moving heads soon. I just purchased 2 of the 22" acrylic domes with 1/2" lip. I plan on mounting these to a box with vents and adding cable glands and such for power etc. During the process, I will take photos and post to this topic for anyone who may be interested. Hopefully I will get this done over the next 2-4 weeks.

Eric

ebrown what type moving lights did you buy and what distance are you using them at ,are they very bright ? thanks Dennis

38 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

ebrown what type moving lights did you buy and what distance are you using them at ,are they very bright ? thanks Dennis

Dennis,

I bought these https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-230W-Zoom-Moving-Head-Light-16-Prism-Beam-Gobo-Spot-DMX-7R-Stage-Party-Show/372822839979?hash=item56cdf912ab:g:CEAAAOSwQ3JdnC9U

So far I am happy with them. They move nicely and the motors are quiet. They are very bright. I hope to test them outside in the dark soon. I am hoping they will give off a nice beam. They are big and heavy. 

Those look like they should work ,I've been looking at small ones and I didn't they would be bright enough how soon before you test outside .  thanks Dennis

On 1/5/2020 at 5:51 PM, Dennis Laff said:

Those look like they should work ,I've been looking at small ones and I didn't they would be bright enough how soon before you test outside .  thanks Dennis

Edited by ebrown1972

Sorry,

Tried to share a photo and it's not showing up correctly. I did test the light tonight and the beam is nice and bright and beam shoots about 60-80 feet in the air if I had to guess

I hope you have provided plenty of cooling air flow. It would be a CRIME to kill one of those wonderful babies  due to heat. ;)

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Subscribed for the build.

Not many of us share our builds here, everything is top secret.

JR

Really? I should delete my New Props thread... 🤣

I don't want @tlogan stealing my ideas.

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I did say "not many of us". 

JR

If you want to use my designs in my New Props thread, please respond with your email... Oh wait, that's a different thread. 😂😂😂😂😈

I'm so tired of editing videos I think it is making me slap happy. I keep hitting refresh every 5 minutes to see if @ebrown1972 has posted his enclosure build yet. What is taking you so long? 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MichRX7 said:

Really? I should delete my New Props thread... 🤣

I don't want @tlogan stealing my ideas.

Your ideas are safe for another year. We'll be out of town next year so I'm not likely to add anything new. So come up with something really cool that I can steal for the following year. Which is about how long it would take me to build it anyway.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:00 PM, tlogan said:

Your ideas are safe for another year. We'll be out of town next year so I'm not likely to add anything new. So come up with something really cool that I can steal for the following year. Which is about how long it would take me to build it anyway.

Oh, you're adding something... don't lie to us. You can't escape this disease for a year just because you might out of town for a few days.

Does it count if wife says that, instead of what I call a horizontal fire stick, she wants 4 arches instead of the two I now have and I convert the fire stick to two more arches? I consider that more of a "repurpose" than a "new build." So, I'm waiting for you come up with something really new that I can copy. 

2 hours ago, tlogan said:

Does it count if wife says that, instead of what I call a horizontal fire stick, she wants 4 arches instead of the two I now have and I convert the fire stick to two more arches? I consider that more of a "repurpose" than a "new build." So, I'm waiting for you come up with something really new that I can copy. 

No, it doesn't count. And what are you thinking? Keep the fire stick and put it in the middle with two arches on each side. Others will say to do circles instead of arches, but I really like my arches as they remind me of the "jumping water" at EPCOT (yes, we are a crazy Disney family). I don't want to takeover this thread from @ebrown1972 so I'm going to start a new "The things I'm going to add in 2020" thread in this same forum category.

Plus I want him to have plenty of space in this thread to describe his water-proofing method! 🤣

• 1 month later...

I finally got my plexiglass domes in and as soon as I find a little time and the weather cooperates, I will begin this build. Hopefully I will have them both built no later than sometime in the next 4 weeks.