Here is a video that someone posted on Youtube of my show last year. On the right side of the video you can see my 24x50 matrix that sits about 70 feet off the road.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Currently the only way to control a P10 or P5 panel is with Falcon Player.  Don't let that scare you.  Falcon Player can be set up in Bridge mode which make it simply appear to be an E1.31 controller

I run the strands up and down. (63 down, 63 back up, so 126 pixels per port)  The controllers sit hidden on the other side of the top ridge.  They are 12v 126 Pixel node strands, a custom length from

Yep. They are smart pixels. Commonly called bullet type.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Here is a video that someone posted on Youtube of my show last year. On the right side of the video you can see my 24x50 matrix that sits about 70 feet off the road.

That's was very helpful. I was going to build one 8'x12'. But after seeing yours, I see that's too excessive. I think I'm leaning towards 4'x8' maybe even the 24x50 even as at 75' looks more them big enough.

I see you have lawn lights also. I've wanted those for a while. But when we get 2' plus in snow, they look cool under 6"...2' they lose their effect imo.

What is that on the lawn the to left?

24 minutes ago, rgardner518 said:

Okay.. so them how does one display video images on the matrix like I exampled above? Or is that not possible?

should just use the video widget for that and tell it what video to play on S5 or use video for your audio on S4.

4 minutes ago, caniac said:

should just use the video widget for that and tell it what video to play on S5 or use video for your audio on S4.

Didn't know it was that easy, lol. I still have v3 and plan to upgrade once I "know" 100% my direction. I don't see myself getting the components I need to build the display till sometime next year. 

Too late in year to start this year, that's for sure!

Edited by rgardner518
3 minutes ago, caniac said:

3 - 12 x 50 panels

See this is why I need to be 100% of my direction so I can buy enough in bulk. I actually like the 3 panel's.

19 minutes ago, rgardner518 said:

That's was very helpful. I was going to build one 8'x12'. But after seeing yours, I see that's too excessive. I think I'm leaning towards 4'x8' maybe even the 24x50 even as at 75' looks more them big enough.

I see you have lawn lights also. I've wanted those for a while. But when we get 2' plus in snow, they look cool under 6"...2' they lose their effect imo.

What is that on the lawn the to left?

The 24x50 is 4'x8' and I got the lawn lights back in 2010 when I was still running a Mr. Christmas.  😄

7 minutes ago, caniac said:

my show using a P10, located central in display

How many p10 panels? See that looks like a TV.

Anyone have the same thing, but done with pixels I can see difference?

Edited by rgardner518
6 minutes ago, rgardner518 said:

Didn't know it was that easy, lol. I still have v3 and plan to upgrade once I "know" 100% my direction. I don't see myself getting the components I need to build the display till sometime next year. 

Too late in year to start this year, that's for sure!

Not too late to add a 24x50 matrix this year. You can build the matrix in a day and there are tons of sequences on this forum.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The 24x50 is 4'x8' and I got the lawn lights back in 2010 when I was still running a Mr. Christmas.  😄

Whats laying on the lawn to the left?

And how does 24"x50" equal 4'x8'. Am I missing something? Is that..that core core math I heard about 😂

Edited by rgardner518

somewhere I have pics of my P10 build. It was 8 panels high by 4 wide.  Cost me $400 to build, a lot of bang for the buck.

• Like 1
Just now, rgardner518 said:

Whats laying on the lawn to the left?

That's a story in itself. A few years ago I attempted to build some driveway arches and everything went as planned until it got warm outside. Being in Georgia the days are still warm in December so once the arches were up the sun warmed them up and they fell. Since they were already programmed I took them and laid them on the ground and I call them Flat Feet because they are fallen arches.  😁

2 minutes ago, rgardner518 said:

How many p10 panels? See that looks like a TV.

Anyone have the same thing, but done with pixels I can see difference?

its not a tv but a P10 panel running 720p video.  Big difference is the spacing, the hanging panels I posted are one inch spacing which is the tightest you will find with bullet pixels.  P10 is 10mm spacing.

2 minutes ago, caniac said:

somewhere I have pics of my P10 build. It was 8 panels high by 4 wide.  Cost me $400 to build, a lot of bang for the buck.

I want to do a P10 matrix for the large picture window above my front door, the window is 6x6.

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

I want to do a P10 matrix for the large picture window above my front door, the window is 6x6.

how far is viewing distance?

5 minutes ago, caniac said:

its not a tv but a P10 panel running 720p video.  Big difference is the spacing, the hanging panels I posted are one inch spacing which is the tightest you will find with bullet pixels.  P10 is 10mm spacing.

So you have a pixel matrix seen the the one video and a p10 seen in the other.

What's easier to build?

What's easier to sequence?

Do you by change have video of the Pixel Matrix displaying video? Most display patterns and designs. But would love to see how video looks on it.

Just now, Mr. P said:

About 85'.

at that distance I would stick with P10, no benefit to use P5.

at that distance I would stick with P10, no benefit to use P5.

My distance would be about 60'. Between the both of you...you both showed me that pixel matrix and p10 looks imo at the distance I need.

So now its a matter of deciding which displays the video quality I'm looking for. YES p10 "looks" like a tv...but I'm not sure I like that and may refer the pixel matrix.

Hopefully someone with a pixel matrix with video of theirs displaying video will chime in to share.

1 minute ago, rgardner518 said:

So you have a pixel matrix seen the the one video and a p10 seen in the other.

What's easier to build?

What's easier to sequence?

Do you by change have video of the Pixel Matrix displaying video? Most display patterns and designs. But would love to see how video looks on it.

pixel matrix is something I am building this year for a different application.  No real difference in sequencing, to the software its the same item (only difference is the spacing).  Tighter the pixel spacing the better the video looks.  All a tv really does is display a video on a much tighter pixel grid.  Pixel matrix is currently put away.  Video needs a device that supports its resolution, doing patterns and designs is low resolution graphics and plays well on pixel matrixes.

pixel matrix is something I am building this year for a different application.  No real difference in sequencing, to the software its the same item (only difference is the spacing).  Tighter the pixel spacing the better the video looks.  All a tv really does is display a video on a much tighter pixel grid.  Pixel matrix is currently put away.  Video needs a device that supports its resolution, doing patterns and designs is low resolution graphics and plays well on pixel matrixes.

Did you see my youtube video I posted from the movie "Deck the Halls". I actually like the video quality on the roof. It looks like a large matrix covering the roof. Could be P10, and could be CGI. That's why I'd love to see a pixel matrix showing video.

That's cool yours is put away. There tons of others on here that will hopefully chime in with maybe a video that made from some point. Thanks for your help!

My opinion here.  If you are even thinking that you may run video - use a P10 matrix over individual pixel based matrix.

5 hours ago, rgardner518 said:

What's better? 50ct @ 5v or 100ct @ 12v?

If I'm using pixe 16 controller? The controller says "Voltage = 5V or 12V"

So can it do both at the same time? Like lets say 5 (50ct @5v) and 11 (100ct @12v)?

Or is it one or the other. Meaning 16 5v or 16 12v?

It is only split by BANK.  8 + 8  (when there are 2 sets of  input terminals). Also some controllers require that 12V be on a specific bank or you must use a 12V wall wort connected to the barrel connectors.

A Pixie4 only has 1 bank