Light-O-Rama Forums

How about giving us some wanted changes?

Sully

Personally I’d like to see a model added for moving head lights that we can utilize them more easily, one that actually shows movement and color of the light in our preview. Right now moving head lights are just a bunch of blobs on the screen and no help at all.

Also how about a show player for Beaglebone and Raspberry Pi, both can already handle LOR dongles for those that use them. Just something that is long overdue I think. Doesn’t need to be fancy, just functional. 

Add a menu option for exporting sequences to a USB drive or whatever. The option should move all required files used for the sequence and make transfer to a show machine easier. 

in S5, I'd like to see a grid style update screen for updating Network, Unit ID and Start/End Circuit number. Basically, allow edits to be made from the String Summary screen.

I had an instance this year (first year converting to S5) where my preview had some wrong unit ID and some circuit numbers that overlapped and some that just got out of sequence as I lost track while creating the props. Using the String summary made it easy enough to  see where I was off, but I had to go back and click through EVERY one of them to correct them and then re-open the string summary to review updates. So, it would at least be nice to be able to pop the string summary into a new window as opposed to having to download it and open it in a new app.  It would have been MUCH faster had I been able to just correct everything right inside the String Summary.

Maybe this year as I work on cleaning up my S5 sequences and preview this will be moot, but in the meantime, it sure would have been helpful.

56 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Using the String summary made it easy enough to  see where I was off, but I had to go back and click through EVERY one of them to correct them and then re-open the string summary to review updates.

Ooooh, you were so close.  Instead of the "String Summary" tab, use the "Channel Conflicts & Bulk Changes" tab.  You can have it display everything or only the conflicted channels.  And you can fix them from there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sully said:

Personally I’d like to see a model added for moving head lights that we can utilize them more easily, one that actually shows movement and color of the light in our preview. Right now moving head lights are just a bunch of blobs on the screen and no help at all.

Also how about a show player for Beaglebone and Raspberry Pi, both can already handle LOR dongles for those that use them. Just something that is long overdue I think. Doesn’t need to be fancy, just functional. 

Add a menu option for exporting sequences to a USB drive or whatever. The option should move all required files used for the sequence and make transfer to a show machine easier. 

I agree 100%

57 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Ooooh, you were so close.  Instead of the "String Summary" tab, use the "Channel Conflicts & Bulk Changes" tab.  You can have it display everything or only the conflicted channels.  And you can fix them from there.

Ok. upon further review (and a closer look a the help file) I think I can see how to do this using the bulk change. Although, as I recall, I had a hard time selecting only the props I wanted. It seemed like the cntrl-click wasn't working the way  I thought it should. Given the time constraint in upgrading from S4, I did what I could to get it done. Now I know.

Thanks!

I think the Devs have bigger fish to fry at the moment. I would point out that we just had a major bug fix the day before Christmas.

Can't hurt to ask though, right?

I want when you set up tradition lights in the preview as super strings (RGBW), then go to use motion effects for white, all the lights don't come on,  just the white ones. (Not treating them as RGB, and all have to be on to make them white).  See video, I would love to be able to use the effects for my white lights also.  I can't be the only person who still used super strings and would like this. 

13 hours ago, Sully said:

+1 This would be a really nice feature. During the "Forced Compression" being able to output the files to a specfic directory would be very handy.

Alan...

16 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

I think the Devs have bigger fish to fry at the moment. I would point out that we just had a major bug fix the day before Christmas.

Can't hurt to ask though, right?

Well bug fixes happen with any software. But let’s face it LOR software is falling behind in the times. Moving head lights aren’t new, there’s no reason a model for them cannot be represented. It’s like BB and Pi have been around for awhile now and 2 simple programs like scheduler and play editor should be ported for them.

Lor needs to press forward, there shouldn’t be multiple versions of software levels either, I think that’s a poor decision on their end, it chases people away because they don’t want to spend money on lights that they can’t work without special licenses or per channel licenses, like superstar is. I don’t touch superstar personally because I’d do no show before I had to pay extra to add lights. Many others just move on to free alternatives which are getting better and better daily. 

I’m not trying to bash them, after all I do use LOR but honestly things need to change for the better not the worse. I don’t mind paying for software upgrades if they are a benefit to me. It’s just seems being forced into license and node levels is the norm. Features are being added but only to certain software levels and is that the right direction? What’s next in that kind of business model? The items we used and own today can be rendered useless by a license or node change.

I’ve stuck with LOR a long time but I’ve outgrown it because the developers choose to add features that mean nothing to me, example, a webstore(hub) instead of a simple menu option to move a sequence from one pc to another, something that should have existed all along.....that’s not a good direction.

• Like 2