Light-O-Rama Forums

I don't understand YouTube

Little_b

I created a video of my entire show and uploaded it to YouTube, but it was flagged for Copyright and blocked in all territories.  When I upload a video of each song by themselves, I still see the Copyright issue, but the videos aren't blocked.  Individually it's fine, but together it's not?  This will be the first year that an Entire Show video won't be visible.

Youtube did the same thing to me...took down my video of the entire show with all the songs in 2017 and also this year, but allowed the individual songs to remain posted in 2018.  It's a lot of work making individual videos for the 28 songs in my show, so I'd rather upload one long video versus 28 videos.  But one or more songs is causing an issue, so obviously I can't do that.  I ended up having to upload this year's long video to my Google Drive and shared it that way instead.  Not sure if Vimeo is as strict as youtube, but after having my videos of our entire show blocked worldwide 2 out of the past 3 years, going forward I think I'll just continue using Google Drive.

Edited by Speedster

4 hours ago, Speedster said:

Youtube did the same thing to me...took down my video of the entire show with all the songs in 2017 and also this year, but allowed the individual songs to remain posted in 2018.  It's a lot of work making individual videos for the 28 songs in my show, so I'd rather upload one long video versus 28 videos.  But one or more songs is causing an issue, so obviously I can't do that.  I ended up having to upload this year's long video to my Google Drive and shared it that way instead.  Not sure if Vimeo is as strict as youtube, but after having my videos of our entire show blocked worldwide 2 out of the past 3 years, going forward I think I'll just continue using Google Drive.

Yes, Vimeo is just as bad.  I had videos of my display that WERE SINGLE songs taken down, tried a full show and it went bye-bye too. 

So I've quit uploading anything to either of them and will instead, if I even do videos of my display, put them on OneDrive.  Then folks would have to request the link to them to download and view them. 

I haven't videoed my display in a few years now, especially since I'd have to use my wife's cell phone to do it.  And using that thing is a royal pain.

I appreciate this feature. I have had video content stolen and someone else was making money from my work. It was easy for YouTube to catch them.

All the music in our shows are copyrighted, well unless you are making your own music... Just be grateful they are allowing you to post something. Youtube is free.

My personal opinion is I won't watch a 30 minute video of some ones display on Youtube. I would much rather watch the individual songs. Like Mike said it is a free service, be happy with what they allow you to do.

Tom

• The topic was locked