Light-O-Rama Forums

Linker and DMX with xlights

Devan

I am able to control 5 LOR AC boxes with my alphapix via DMX and it works great. But I can't seem to get linkers to work for the other 5 homes. I am plugging the linker into the last lightorama (tried several locations) if I tell lightorama to control all works fine, but when I try to DMX control no linkers work. 

Are the linkers  on DMX supported? 

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hello.  I want to use a LOR Pixie16D controller in my xLights network.  Would the setup be the same as using the AlphaPix controller as you have? If so, can you share how you setup your LOR controller for use in the xLights DMX/E1.31 environment?

UPDATE:  I now realize the AlphaPix controller is a HolidayCoro device. I have  an AlphaPix Evolution device on my xLights network. It works fine.  I want to add a LOR Pixie16D to the network but need help configuring it so xLights will "see" it.  I'm using  the LOR  USB485 dongle to connect to the E1.31 network.  Do I need a Cat5 CROSSOVER cable between the USB485 and the Pixie16D or will a standard Cat5 cable be  OK?.

Edited by MikeToo
Add'l / Updated info

Devan:  The ELLs are LOR network only - No DMX.

MikeToo:  The Pixie 16 controller is LOR network only - No DMX or E1.31.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 10:12 AM, MikeToo said:

Hello.  I want to use a LOR Pixie16D controller in my xLights network.  Would the setup be the same as using the AlphaPix controller as you have? If so, can you share how you setup your LOR controller for use in the xLights DMX/E1.31 environment?

UPDATE:  I now realize the AlphaPix controller is a HolidayCoro device. I have  an AlphaPix Evolution device on my xLights network. It works fine.  I want to add a LOR Pixie16D to the network but need help configuring it so xLights will "see" it.  I'm using  the LOR  USB485 dongle to connect to the E1.31 network.  Do I need a Cat5 CROSSOVER cable between the USB485 and the Pixie16D or will a standard Cat5 cable be  OK?.

The pixie will work in xlights and I will leave it at that since this is an LOR site and I am not a fan of the other.

No cross over cable for the pixie. You do need the red HS adapter though.

Di not connect that pixie into any network jack without the adapter or it will never work again.

JR

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 9:23 AM, MikeToo said:

Thanks Jim..... was afraid of that....!!

I use some DMX Wireless Tx/Rx for mine and they work great.  At least I have they worked for either my next door neighbor or my neighbor across the street.  I've got to sets of them but haven't tried 2 of them at the same time yet.  What I have is:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URFIZZA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 hours ago, Mike H said:

I use some DMX Wireless Tx/Rx for mine and they work great.  At least I have they worked for either my next door neighbor or my neighbor across the street.  I've got to sets of them but haven't tried 2 of them at the same time yet.  What I have is: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URFIZZA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will call it. 

Your statement is all over the place.

What are you referencing to?

ELL's nor a pixie controller other than a pixie4 IDMX (i have never physically seen one) will work with DMX. The device that is being mfg'd to allow a pixie device called the pixielink has not been beta tested as last I recall, a week or so ago.

So nothing that the OP is referring to will work with those devices you have listed.

BTW- MikeToo - the alphapix will run on either show software but you'll be happier with the LOR environment. 

Youtube would be your friend if you "really" want to run that pixie in the other software. Look for a guy named Gil. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

4 hours ago, MikeToo said:

?? This is NOT my post.  Don't know how you got linked to me.... I'm NOT  "Mike H"

1/2 of my above statement - the bottom half is for you.

The top half is to Mike H

JR

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked