Light-O-Rama Forums

Motion head spot lights

Deathsquad Clothing

Merry Christmas all

does anybody know of  a good quality motion head spot light. I see several on amazon but don't appear to be useable outside. getting started for next year DMX networking here I come haha.

Expect to pay BIG dollars for outdoor moving heads.  I have used $5000.00 Martins for commercial stage lighting that need to be protected.

• Thanks 1

You can use cheaper ones but you'll need to make waterproof covers for them using clear pvc globes. It's not very hard to do. I wouldn't expect them to last 20 years but I'm sure they'll hold up alright, others use them. The worst part of using them is LOR is crippled when trying to sequence them because it doesn't have any way to model them in a preview to show movement so you actually need to have a light sitting next to you or be a total genius and just guess it's movements. I lost patience on the sequencing end of it all because of limitations with LOR and basically sat them aside. As far as I know it's impossible to create a moving model for them in LOR.

• Thanks 1

Elation just released an outdoor rated moving head, but I would expect they will be pretty pricy. As GRG said, pretty much any moving light needs some sort of protection.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Sully has it I borrowed one from someone in the performance industry and they are tricky to get working with light o rama.

thanks for the info all I will let you know what I end up with if it ends up working out.

• The topic was locked