Light-O-Rama Forums

Initial Preview Designer/Prop Setup

Hahnfahn

Hi,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or provide me the answer I need.

I recently purchased the Showtime Central package and now own my first Controller w/ director.  I'm attempting to setup my background lighting on the house.  I am currently working on my ground floor group, which consists of 6 windows and 1 door - all which will be outlined using the following:

I purchased TBI PRO LED Strip Lights (SMD 5050 - 300 count) and I'm trying to figure out how to set these up in the Preview Designer. 

1. Are these considered RGB Pixels or Dumb RGB (3 channel)?
    • Dimming Curve should be set to PixelCurve?
    • If they are RGB Pixels what Motion Effect(s) should I add?
    • When setting up the channel what should I expect to see assigned?
      • I should select LOR or Undetermined?
      • Start Circuit/End Circuit (Window 1 = Start 1/ End 1; Window 2 = Start 2/End 2; etc...)
  2. Any newbie recommendations on how I can setup a quick animation sequence to verify I've configured the Channels correctly?

Sorry if these rookie questions are already addressed somewhere else in the Forum - any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Design_1.PNG

Summary_1.PNG

Edited by Hahnfahn
Added Images of current preview setup

If you go on the light o rama website hit up the video tutorials for S5  some of them are bit tedious but it will give you a good understanding where to start and the basics when it comes to pixles and RGB dumb lighting and setting up your preview.  it breaks down the starting point of the pixles or dumb RGB lights. not sure if you know but there is a big difference between pixles and RGB Dumb lights. basically pixles you control each individual bulb where dumb RGB the whole stran operates as a solid color.  

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Deathsquad Clothing. Watching those videos helps so much. I usually have one open on another computer aas I am working on this stuff to remind me. 

Also,. seeing as time is good until next show season, spend the time building your preview really well. I am on version 5 or 7 or something of my preview because I keep learning new things and I find it easier to just toss and start again. The most recent version I actually let LOR build a visualizer from the inputs and then went in a defined every prop it built. That was probably one of the best learning experiences.

Keep on keeping on. I learn something new every time and I too am learning about pixels more for the first time.

Yes, this was one of those very cool features that when I learned about it helped me bridge my own gap of knowledge with the visualizer.

When you open an existing sequence, and it asks for preview source, select auto generate  a new preview using the channel information in the sequence. Granted you end up with lots of single bulbs, but at least then you can go down through the proplist 1 by 1 and define what the really are. 

Made a world of difference for me!