Light-O-Rama Forums

Created a show in 5.3.8 but it will not run

smailliw

I have been using a ump3g3 to run my show.  I have purchased the software this season and have worked on creating several sequences for next year.  I wanted to test them out tonight live as it is raining and nobody is coming by.  So I fired up the LOR hub.  I click Simple PC Show.  I see several sequences in the available field.  They look like [S5] All I want for Christmas is you.    Now in the lor help file it for version 5.3.8 it shows this field should look like [music] All I want for Christmas is you.  That is a discrepancy between the directions and what I see.  So I click the plus sighn and now it is in the column Show that will run when enabled.  Schedule start/stop time I click same all week, shows run continously, normal show times everyday 5pm - 10pm.  I click ok and close the hub.  I then click on the red lightbulb in the system tray and click show on demand. A window opens up and I choose LOR_HubShow.lss start as soon as possible and play until I tell it to stop and click ok.  

In the LOR Status v5.3.8 I see

8:15pm Connected to Comm Listener

8:15pm Shop player starting for on demand show

8:15pm Schedule loaded

8:15pm Initializing LOR networks

8:15pm lor networks initialized

8:15pm request for show on demand received

8:15pm show player initialized

8:15pm starting show

8:15pm loading compressed sequence

8:15pm show player starting

8:15pm schedule loaded

8:15pm Initializing LOR networks

8:15pm lor networks initialized

8:15pm request for show on demand received

8:15pm. show player initialized

8:15pm starting show

8:15pm loading compressed sequence

and so the cycle goes until I shut it down.  If I open the sequencer and play the very same file light o rama plays the entire sequence live in the yard.  However when trying to run it as on demand through the show built in the hub it will not play it in the yard.  Just continues the loop without any error messages.  I have tried shutting down the computer and restarting it and immediately running on demand show.  I have tried shutting down and redoing the show in the hub and then restarting before playing the show.  No luck.  Since this will be the very first show I have built it is hard to go off past experience here.  

I have tried using the show editor as well and it works with the same results.

I have opened sequencer open the file and looked at sequence information Type is musical sequence.  I have tried compressing the sequence then adding to the show.  I have tried compressing the show and then running it. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I purchased the pro license for the ability to do pixels.  The email from LOR says “Thank you for purchasing a 5 seat license for Light-O-Rama Pro
with SuperStar Demo. Your new license is good through version 5.9.* (and any future versions released by October 28, 2020).”

I think my license should be ok.

sequence version.PNG

Edited by smailliw
add pic of license

Your license says Super star demo... did you use super star for programming?  If so you may need to upgrade your license to include SuperStar program (not demo).  I haven't started using S5 yet so I'm just taking a stab at possible problem.

2 hours ago, tomsusie said:

Your license says Super star demo... did you use super star for programming?  If so you may need to upgrade your license to include SuperStar program (not demo).  I haven't started using S5 yet so I'm just taking a stab at possible problem.

No I didn't.  I received the same ones that were on the sd card from the guy that gave me the ump3g3 and I started several from scratch just to learn the process.  

I can't speak to using the director,, as I have never used one. but to play a show from the pc you need to prebuild your playback files using a show on demand with .loredit files, with the option to load files before they are played. checked in the Show Editor.

There are also some fixes for SD card issues in the Hub  in the latest version 5.3.12

If all that still fails, try going back to 5.2.4, and making the playback files manually using File/Create Playback Files

Easy fix when I finally gave up and went to download another version. V5.3.8 has a bug that doesn’t let the show run. 🤦🏼‍♂️