Light-O-Rama Forums

Time and place to buy buy buy up lights

weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

Lowe’s has Led a at 50% off now until Christmas. 

Walmart’s price hasn’t changed. 

If you wait until the day after Christmas they normally drop to 75-90% off, but then again there is fewer left and more people looking. I would  normally hit 4 or 5 Big Lots stores around me and get them at $1.50 a box .

I use mainly pixels now so I don't go looking as much but I still have around 400 boxes of lights in the basement.

Edited by Mr. P

One of the best deals I found was a GE LED set that Lowes had for $3 on Black Friday.   Besides being cheap, they are the more traditional light shape and the blues are more blue.  But that isn't much help until next year.    

With the exception of Walmart, everyone seems to start putting these half-off weeks ago.  Our local Walmart had such a small set of lights when I was in earlier this week that I thought they had already started discounting them (but they hadn't)

The incandescent can be a lot cheaper but just draw a lot more power and don't last as well

just went today and bought 41 boxes of LED multicolors 10 boxes of cool white LED icicles, and 4 more snowflakes all for 200 dollars all from lowes. haha left the house at 630am to get them 

• The topic was locked