Light-O-Rama Forums

What to Add

zing

So i've been going back and forth but can't seem to figure out what else to add to next years display.  Here is my current set-up. 

After taking this picture I picked the faces up off the ground basically the height of a five gallon bucket, added more icicles on the sides of the house and fixed a set of lights that are out.

Current thoughts:

Add red and green to the tree toppers

Add more lights to the columns? Currently have 500 of each color (red, white and green)

IMG_20191116_184250_MP.thumb.jpg.be93043cf30e6c8cf88c143c856bb79d.jpg

I am looking at that huge bare (no prop) area. A simple (low) edging / garland  near the street to outline the canvas (front yard)?

27 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I am looking at that huge bare (no prop) area. A simple (low) edging / garland  near the street to outline the canvas (front yard)?

that's been an idea, "swags" is what i've been calling it.  I have them along my driveway and I made each pole look like candy canes (admittedly hacked job if you look at them up close).  My gf was saying it'd take away from everything which I didn't agree with so figured i'd post and see if anyone else thought that.

Thanks for the help!

34 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

You would not want to put anything tall out there because it would block the stuff near the house.  How about a bunch of Peace Family pixel stakes.  Here is a short video that gives an idea what they look like:

Google Peace Pixel Stakes for lots of examples and sources.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

You would not want to put anything tall out there because it would block the stuff near the house.  How about a bunch of Peace Family pixel stakes.  Here is a short video that gives an idea what they look like:

Google Peace Pixel Stakes for lots of examples and sources.

oh boy the world of pixels......