Light-O-Rama Forums

Stay on Lights Don’t Stay On

Barry Martin

I have some channels that I want to be on continuously such as animation and lights I don’t want flashing on and off. I set the channel in the musical sequences to be on for the entire song. Then I created a file and put all of the stay on channels in it and named the file  Always On. The problem is some do stay on where others are flashing on and off. I would welcome thoughts on what I am doing wrong. Thanks...

Barry

I would look at your sequence, in sequence editor play the sequence and watch the left side where the channels are annotated, as the song plays you see the color assigned on the channel marker, if it does something you don't want you can stop it there and look at that line and see if there is another command you didn't want. Try that first and see if the sequence is clean.

Keith

maybe you have a conflict with a prop that is set to flash?

also, can you explain a bit more about what is the "always on" file and how this is different from your musical sequence file? 

Define flashing on and off.  Do you mean it's on except an off flash at the end of the sequence, flashing with some other channel, what appears to vandomly, of some better description.

And as TexasLights asked, is this in a background sequence?

4 hours ago, Kapkirk said:

Barry

I would look at your sequence, in sequence editor play the sequence and watch the left side where the channels are annotated, as the song plays you see the color assigned on the channel marker, if it does something you don't want you can stop it there and look at that line and see if there is another command you didn't want. Try that first and see if the sequence is clean.

Keith

Great idea!  I did that for all of my sequences and the channels I want to stay on appear as though they do.

3 hours ago, TexasLights said:

maybe you have a conflict with a prop that is set to flash?

also, can you explain a bit more about what is the "always on" file and how this is different from your musical sequence file? 

I think someone at Light-o-rama suggested that we create an Always On LAS file.  It contains just the channels we want to stay on.  I say We because my neighbor and I do this together.  Everything actually runs from his pc.  It is a background sequence that has all the animations and lights that we don't want turning on and off to the music. 

38 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Define flashing on and off.  Do you mean it's on except an off flash at the end of the sequence, flashing with some other channel, what appears to vandomly, of some better description.

And as TexasLights asked, is this in a background sequence?

I just meant that some channels have the lights turning on and off to the music.  These particular channels we want to stay on because they are animations (motors) and some lights that we don't want turning on and off.  It is a background sequence.

First guess is that you have the channels that are supposed to be controlled by the background static sequence are also in your normal musical sequences (but presumably off in the musical sequences).  This means that there are conflicting commands being sent to the controller - the background sequence is trying to turn them on and the musical sequence is trying to turn them off.  Solution is to completely remove the static channels from the musical sequences.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

First guess is that you have the channels that are supposed to be controlled by the background static sequence are also in your normal musical sequences (but presumably off in the musical sequences).  This means that there are conflicting commands being sent to the controller - the background sequence is trying to turn them on and the musical sequence is trying to turn them off.  Solution is to completely remove the static channels from the musical sequences.

Everything you said is correct except I have them On in the musical sequences as well.

• The topic was locked