Light-O-Rama Forums

no properties in media

Linda H

My sequences will play in sequence editor, but no media  found comes up in verifier. Also no properties under  media in diagnostics. Am I using an unreadable file name?

re you certain you are using the same EXACT sequence in your show as you're playing in the SE?

The only way I can see this happening is you are using 2 different sequences, may have the same name, and they are in 2 different locations.  So one may no longer be joined to the media file used, and if that's the one that you selected for your show, then that is why the verifier is telling you there is no media file for that sequence.

Find the  sequence that doesn't have the media file, delete it, then copy your good sequence to that location, as long as the names are identical, re-run the verifier and that issue should disappear.  To check for the media file in the sequence to see if it's still there, load the SE, load the sequence, if you get "media file not found" or something to that, click Edit, then Click Media File, the SE will open the folder where it expects to find the missing media file {the media name will be shown in the box of the media file that should be associated with the sequence.}  See attached capture below.

I know this because I save my show sequences to a different location, and keep copies for working on in a separate folder, and if I happen to change a media file in that sequence due to editing or for whatever reason, and the original one is still in the show directory and that media file has been changed to a different version that has been changed or edited, and usually given a new name, and the original medial file is renamed or changed, the original sequence will not find a media file associated with it.  Or if you created an entirely new sequence with the same name, but different named media file this can also happen.

Note the very top of the window, it shows you the entire path to where the sequence is expecting the media to be found.  It also populates the File name box at the bottom of the window with the name of the media file the sequence is expecting.

SE Media File PopUp.JPG

So I really think what has happened is you have 2 separate sequences stored on your computer in 2 different locations and the one selected for the show is not the same one that you think it is.

Good Luck!

Edited by Orville

I believe you are exactly right with my problem. I'm still not getting a correct file name to be found. How do I know the music format? This is how it is listed in my LOR file.

C:\Users\Douglas\Light-o-rama\audio

Edited by Linda H

7 hours ago, Linda H said:

I believe you are exactly right with my problem. I'm still not getting a correct file name to be found. How do I know the music format? This is how it is listed in my LOR file.

C:\Users\Douglas\Light-o-rama\audio

When you check with the above info I gave you, when the SE is open and a sequence loaded, then Edit -> Media File it should show you the music filename and extension in the box, if it does not show the extension, you need to go to the Windows Explorer that shows the file names and path of thjem, you may need to tuen on Show File Extensions, that way the file extension of the media type should display as it does in the screen capture in my previous message.

To turn on Show File Extensions in Windows Explorer, Open Windows Explorer, Click on Tools, then Click on Folder Options, in the pop up window that opens, click on View, you will see a list of check boxes, many of them will be checked, the one you're looking for is: Hide extensions for known file types

If this box is checked UNCHECK this option, Click Apply, now it will always show you the extensions of your files in the SE Media File window as it appears above in the screen capture{bottom of the screen capture where it shows File name, as well as in Windows Explorer..

This way you'll know if it was MP3, WAV, OGG or whatever you may have used as the audio file for that sequence.

Any questions just ask.

Good Luck!

Edited by Orville

Thanks for your help so far. I've been playing with all day and couldn't find the file extensions. I was at the point of deleting it and starting all over! i'll work on this route now. I got my sequence file isolated in my music library now.

Edited by Linda H

13 hours ago, Linda H said:

Thanks for your help so far. I've been playing with all day and couldn't find the file extensions. I was at the point of deleting it and starting all over! i'll work on this route now. I got my sequence file isolated in my music library now.

Glad you got that issue corrected with the sequence. 

Hopefully unchecking that area in the Windows Explorer Folder options will help you with finding and knowing what file extension the music format is in.  It will definitely make it easier to locate which music file and format you used for the sequence when checking it in the SE.

• The topic was locked